Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

that is it i am DONE! is this too harsh? update

Posted by   + Show Post

Brent, 

first i want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that.

i love the building and the idea behind the eco village, and i wish you well in the future. 

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately.

while i would like to give you more notice, i simply cannot sit here in a building that is 15-16 degrees, it is freezing in here. there is no wood to burn, and i cannot chop the one log sitting here, as it is a risk to me health and my child's health, and i simply do not have the strength.

i will clean up the mess which was left by you, as usual. you will find your kitchen clean and in order, but today will be my last day.

i am sorry that i am unable to attend the silent auction with your wife, we simply CANNOT afford it. i would LOVE to go, but have no money to do so. so i am sorry for the inconvenience. 

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

it has been interesting working with you.

Mrs. C. R. H.

**** i sent him the polite version. although i really want to let him have it, i will be...polite....and for those who have asked, i have already reported him to the health inspector.***

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

You do NOT need to tell him what is wrong with you (infact he cant even ask you whats wrong its the HIPPA law), I would just write something like:

Dear (boss)

I just wanted to inform you that I am no longer able to work starting Immediately as per doctors orders. I will be in Friday to pick up all monies owed to me.

Thank you for the opertunity to work for you,

signed (you)

M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

This right here sounds so much better and not as rude.

Quoting Bitterroot:

It's still too wordy.

Brent,

first i want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that.

i love the building and the idea behind the eco village, and i wish you well in the future.

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately, although  i would like to give you more notice.

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

Mrs. C. R. H.

Thank you TheGreatCthulhu for the siggy!!!!

http://homedonesouthernnails.blogspot.com/

KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Sounds rude.

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

because he is a fucking asshole. he refuses to allow me to throw out rotten food and tries to make me serve it to customers, he leaves a disgusting mess for me to clean up every morning, and has broken more health violations in a week than i have seen other places break in a year. he expects me to sit in here with the temps at 15 degrees, no way to make it warmer, oh unless i want to haul big logs in and *attempt* to chop wood with a great big axe? i have HAD IT. maybe i should berate him in person? and make the letter look nice? now i am in shit because i cannot afford to make a 250km round trip to go to a silent auction with his wife and staff from his other business in saskatoon?   totally made me feel like shit.

like fuck this guy! i will be speaking to the mayor asap about not renewing his lease, and finding a competent leasholder to run the place, because he is DESTROYING the reputation of our eco village and our town!

Quoting GreenAndLean:

What's wrong with I have pregnancy complications and have been put on bed rest and advised to quit my job?

Why say all of the other offensive things?

MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yes. This. It's better than mine, and it's not rude or overly informative (which he doesn't need).

Quoting emilysmom8:

You do NOT need to tell him what is wrong with you (infact he cant even ask you whats wrong its the HIPPA law), I would just write something like:

Dear (boss)

I just wanted to inform you that I am no longer able to work starting Immediately as per doctors orders. I will be in Friday to pick up all monies owed to me.

Thank you for the opertunity to work for you,

signed (you)

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

but i want to be rude!!!!!! *pouts* ok i will take out the rude bits, but dont expect me to hold my tongue when i see the jerk face!

Quoting M.I.A...P.O.W:

This right here sounds so much better and not as rude.

Quoting Bitterroot:

It's still too wordy.

Brent,

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately, although  i would like to give you more notice.

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

Mrs. C. R. H.

ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Umm... It's rude. You won't get a reference if you write it like that. Simply say that you are quitting due to doctor''s orders. Get rid of the crap about the wood, the owner's mess, and how poor you are. It sounds witchy - not professional.
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I don't think it's harsh at all. He needs to know the conditions are not right for anyone much less you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Not harsh at all.  Good luck hope you & the baby stay healthy.

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

It kinda sounds confrontational and accusing. I would just say my Dr advises me to stop working and such

i agree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)