Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

that is it i am DONE! is this too harsh? update

Posted by   + Show Post

Brent, 

first i want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that.

i love the building and the idea behind the eco village, and i wish you well in the future. 

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately.

while i would like to give you more notice, i simply cannot sit here in a building that is 15-16 degrees, it is freezing in here. there is no wood to burn, and i cannot chop the one log sitting here, as it is a risk to me health and my child's health, and i simply do not have the strength.

i will clean up the mess which was left by you, as usual. you will find your kitchen clean and in order, but today will be my last day.

i am sorry that i am unable to attend the silent auction with your wife, we simply CANNOT afford it. i would LOVE to go, but have no money to do so. so i am sorry for the inconvenience. 

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

it has been interesting working with you.

Mrs. C. R. H.

**** i sent him the polite version. although i really want to let him have it, i will be...polite....and for those who have asked, i have already reported him to the health inspector.***

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM

if you want to get PAID then you should send a decenct message....what you wrote is totally unprofessional.  wait for the check to clear before you call him out on his bullshit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Too rude and it comes across juvenile. You'd get your point across much better without the bitchiness.
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Tell him this.  Tell him how you really feel.  

Quoting D.O.E.:

because he is a fucking asshole. he refuses to allow me to throw out rotten food and tries to make me serve it to customers, he leaves a disgusting mess for me to clean up every morning, and has broken more health violations in a week than i have seen other places break in a year. he expects me to sit in here with the temps at 15 degrees, no way to make it warmer, oh unless i want to haul big logs in and *attempt* to chop wood with a great big axe? i have HAD IT. maybe i should berate him in person? and make the letter look nice? now i am in shit because i cannot afford to make a 250km round trip to go to a silent auction with his wife and staff from his other business in saskatoon?   totally made me feel like shit.

like fuck this guy! i will be speaking to the mayor asap about not renewing his lease, and finding a competent leasholder to run the place, because he is DESTROYING the reputation of our eco village and our town!

Quoting GreenAndLean:

What's wrong with I have pregnancy complications and have been put on bed rest and advised to quit my job?

Why say all of the other offensive things?

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

to say i hate this guy would be an understatement. but i cleaned it up and took out the rude bits. **sigh** how i would love to give the jerk a piece of my mind though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I would advise you to provide documentation from your OB/GYN. A simple letter on the office letterhead should be sufficient.
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM

i really feel very angry!!!!! grrrr!!! but i sent him a nicer version lol

Quoting ihave1:

Tell him this.  Tell him how you really feel.  

Quoting D.O.E.:

because he is a fucking asshole. he refuses to allow me to throw out rotten food and tries to make me serve it to customers, he leaves a disgusting mess for me to clean up every morning, and has broken more health violations in a week than i have seen other places break in a year. he expects me to sit in here with the temps at 15 degrees, no way to make it warmer, oh unless i want to haul big logs in and *attempt* to chop wood with a great big axe? i have HAD IT. maybe i should berate him in person? and make the letter look nice? now i am in shit because i cannot afford to make a 250km round trip to go to a silent auction with his wife and staff from his other business in saskatoon?   totally made me feel like shit.

like fuck this guy! i will be speaking to the mayor asap about not renewing his lease, and finding a competent leasholder to run the place, because he is DESTROYING the reputation of our eco village and our town!

Quoting GreenAndLean:

What's wrong with I have pregnancy complications and have been put on bed rest and advised to quit my job?

Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Talk about burning bridges.

Alanaplus3

Just send a letter saying you are leaving for medical reasons and that your husband or you will pick up your final check when it is due. If the conditions are that bad report him to the health board a few weeks after your  check clears so that you are not hurting your future employment.

Lizardannie1966

This.

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

It kinda sounds confrontational and accusing. I would just say my Dr advises me to stop working and such

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Then report him for health code violations.  Don't be rude and don't burn your bridges.  Use proper business ettiquette and take the higher ground.  You are better than this.  Karma will come and visit him, don't worry.  Keep your letter of resignation short, and polite.  

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting GreenAndLean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)