Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

that is it i am DONE! is this too harsh? update

Posted by   + Show Post

Brent, 

first i want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that.

i love the building and the idea behind the eco village, and i wish you well in the future. 

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately.

while i would like to give you more notice, i simply cannot sit here in a building that is 15-16 degrees, it is freezing in here. there is no wood to burn, and i cannot chop the one log sitting here, as it is a risk to me health and my child's health, and i simply do not have the strength.

i will clean up the mess which was left by you, as usual. you will find your kitchen clean and in order, but today will be my last day.

i am sorry that i am unable to attend the silent auction with your wife, we simply CANNOT afford it. i would LOVE to go, but have no money to do so. so i am sorry for the inconvenience. 

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

it has been interesting working with you.

Mrs. C. R. H.

**** i sent him the polite version. although i really want to let him have it, i will be...polite....and for those who have asked, i have already reported him to the health inspector.***

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:28 PM

It honestly sounds angry and kind of whiney, you don't need to tell him all of your problems in a way that makes it sound like its his fault, it just doesn't sound professional. Try something more like this:

Hello Brent, 

I want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that. 

I love the building and the idea behind the eco village.

However, I regret to inform you that I have been diagnosed with placenta previa, and as recommended by my doctor, I will no longer be able to work with you. I apologize for not being able to give you more notice.

I will finish out today and clean the kitchen.

I am also sorry to say that I will not be able to attend the silent auction with (whatever his wifes name is), I was really looking forward to it and thank you for the invitation, but I am not able to at this time.

I will be in on friday to pick up my pay.

Thank you again for the opportunity of working with you, it was a wonderful experiance,

Mrs. C. R. H.

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

i have 2 copies, he will be getting one, EI gets the other

Quoting Anonymous:

I would advise you to provide documentation from your OB/GYN. A simple letter on the office letterhead should be sufficient.

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Your letter of resignation is very rude, unprofessional, and incredibly immature. However, coming from you, I'm not at all surprised.

Way to burn another bridge...

Is it your personal goal in life to get as many people as possible to hate you?
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I think I'm missing the back story here. I don't get it...

I will say, you should fix your punctuation and grammar before sending though...

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM

well i didn't send THAT letter, i sent a shorter nicer version of it. 

and yes, my personal goal is to make everyone hate me. because i hate everyone.smh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your letter of resignation is very rude, unprofessional, and incredibly immature. However, coming from you, I'm not at all surprised.

Way to burn another bridge...

Is it your personal goal in life to get as many people as possible to hate you?

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Why not tell him in person? It's more professional and it's best to not burn bridges as you may need a reference in the future. It doesn't look good to potential employers when you say to not call a previous employer for a reference. Don't burn bridges, you'll regret it later on down the road!

I also have never heard of a doctor telling a patient to quit her job. That sounds crazy! Bedrest, yes. Quitting, no. Do bedrest and go back after your baby is born and you're ready to work.

Sounds like you're looking for a way out of working to me...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quoting D.O.E.:

Well, come on! Any post I've seen written by you, you hate your family because they were horrible to you. You hate or are mad at your dh because he did god knows what. Or you hate your employer because they expect you to actually work.
I've read a few of your posts and someone is always doing you wrong!
Did you ever think for just a minute, that the root of your problems might be you?
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Quoting Ali5683:

Why not tell him in person? It's more professional and it's best to not burn bridges as you may need a reference in the future. It doesn't look good to potential employers when you say to not call a previous employer for a reference. Don't burn bridges, you'll regret it later on down the road!

I also have never heard of a doctor telling a patient to quit her job. That sounds crazy! Bedrest, yes. Quitting, no. Do bedrest and go back after your baby is born and you're ready to work.

Sounds like you're looking for a way out of working to me...

yes well, in canada we have sick leave, and maternity leave. how would you feel about carrying 20-30lb logs and attempting to split them with a 10-15lb axe? just to get the temp in your work place above 15 degrees? i physicaly CANNOT split wood, i just aint strong enough!

i am also the only employee. i do all the cooking, waitressing, bussing tables, cleaning ect. i just cant continue to do this. 

i am fortunate to live in a country were i CAN go on sick leave, and where my doctor CAN make that decision. and they have to respect that. 

i don't HAVE to work myself to exhaustion, i have been paying into EI for years and have never used it, until now. 

stefvan
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
First word of each sentence should be capitalized, always.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)