Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

that is it i am DONE! is this too harsh? update

Posted by   + Show Post

Brent, 

first i want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that.

i love the building and the idea behind the eco village, and i wish you well in the future. 

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately.

while i would like to give you more notice, i simply cannot sit here in a building that is 15-16 degrees, it is freezing in here. there is no wood to burn, and i cannot chop the one log sitting here, as it is a risk to me health and my child's health, and i simply do not have the strength.

i will clean up the mess which was left by you, as usual. you will find your kitchen clean and in order, but today will be my last day.

i am sorry that i am unable to attend the silent auction with your wife, we simply CANNOT afford it. i would LOVE to go, but have no money to do so. so i am sorry for the inconvenience. 

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

it has been interesting working with you.

Mrs. C. R. H.

**** i sent him the polite version. although i really want to let him have it, i will be...polite....and for those who have asked, i have already reported him to the health inspector.***

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (51-57):
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM

it is entirely possible that i am asshole. i see no problem with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting D.O.E.:

Well, come on! Any post I've seen written by you, you hate your family because they were horrible to you. You hate or are mad at your dh because he did god knows what. Or you hate your employer because they expect you to actually work.
I've read a few of your posts and someone is always doing you wrong!
Did you ever think for just a minute, that the root of your problems might be you?

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Ok, well you didn't explain what your job was. All you posted was a highly immature and unprofessional letter to your boss.

You applied for the job knowing what it was yet you're complaining about it? I don't follow your frustration here.

In your situation, it would be best to be professional by either quitting the job by speaking with your boss in person or taking a leave of absense where they can hire a temp in place of you until you're ready to return. That is how adults handle this situation. Your way of handling this is highly childish!!

What is El?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Ali5683:

Why not tell him in person? It's more professional and it's best to not burn bridges as you may need a reference in the future. It doesn't look good to potential employers when you say to not call a previous employer for a reference. Don't burn bridges, you'll regret it later on down the road!

I also have never heard of a doctor telling a patient to quit her job. That sounds crazy! Bedrest, yes. Quitting, no. Do bedrest and go back after your baby is born and you're ready to work.

Sounds like you're looking for a way out of working to me...

yes well, in canada we have sick leave, and maternity leave. how would you feel about carrying 20-30lb logs and attempting to split them with a 10-15lb axe? just to get the temp in your work place above 15 degrees? i physicaly CANNOT split wood, i just aint strong enough!

i am also the only employee. i do all the cooking, waitressing, bussing tables, cleaning ect. i just cant continue to do this. 

i am fortunate to live in a country were i CAN go on sick leave, and where my doctor CAN make that decision. and they have to respect that. 

i don't HAVE to work myself to exhaustion, i have been paying into EI for years and have never used it, until now. 

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM
You applied for that job pregnant, aware that you'd be the only employee, & would have ample job duties. If I was him, that would give me the impression you could handle it.

I don't really see how he's the asshole for that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM

i was hired to be a cook, he kept adding duties. chopping wood was not in the job description. i have been doing my damndest to keep this place up to health and safety regulations, but now that the other girl has quit, the only other person working is the boss (alternate shifts) and as the boss, he should give a shit if his cooler is up to standard, he shouldn't be trying to use spoiled food to serve the few customers we do have, he should not be leaving piles of dishes, and full garbages ect for me to deal with in the morning. he always has wood chopped and burning on his shifts, but refuses to have wood chopped and ready for me to burn to keep the place warm during the day. i wear a coat. customers, wear coats. 

it is ridiculous. i have gotten in shit for tossing spoiled produce, dairy and meat. he thought we could still use them. i have got in shit for organizing and cleaning the cooler to bring it up to regulation. i have called the health inspector, and while the boss claims to have never had an issue with public health, i was told he has been flagged 3 times in the last year for violations.

how about keeping the place open with no running water? hands cant be washed, dishes cant be done, and it is LAW that you close, he refuses and insists we stay open.

EI - employment insurance http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/index.shtml

we pay into it monthly, and it can be used if you lose your job due to lay offs, companies closing, bad health, and it also covers maternity leave. it also can cover compassionate leave, if for instance your parent or child is sick or dies, you can have paid time off without worrying about being fired.

EI pays you 55% of your wages.

Quoting Ali5683:

Ok, well you didn't explain what your job was. All you posted was a highly immature and unprofessional letter to your boss.

You applied for the job knowing what it was yet you're complaining about it? I don't follow your frustration here.

In your situation, it would be best to be professional by either quitting the job by speaking with your boss in person or taking a leave of absense where they can hire a temp in place of you until you're ready to return. That is how adults handle this situation. Your way of handling this is highly childish!!

What is El?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Ali5683:

Why not tell him in person? It's more professional and it's best to not burn bridges as you may need a reference in the future. It doesn't look good to potential employers when you say to not call a previous employer for a reference. Don't burn bridges, you'll regret it later on down the road!

I also have never heard of a doctor telling a patient to quit her job. That sounds crazy! Bedrest, yes. Quitting, no. Do bedrest and go back after your baby is born and you're ready to work.

yes well, in canada we have sick leave, and maternity leave. how would you feel about carrying 20-30lb logs and attempting to split them with a 10-15lb axe? just to get the temp in your work place above 15 degrees? i physicaly CANNOT split wood, i just aint strong enough!

i am also the only employee. i do all the cooking, waitressing, bussing tables, cleaning ect. i just cant continue to do this. 

i am fortunate to live in a country were i CAN go on sick leave, and where my doctor CAN make that decision. and they have to respect that. 

i don't HAVE to work myself to exhaustion, i have been paying into EI for years and have never used it, until now. 

truelove813
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Wait... what was he reported to the health inspector for? A little more background info would be nice for those of us who may not have seen a previous post by you (if there was one concerning the situation). 

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17676886/i_am_5_mo_pregnant_and_you_want_me_to_do_WHAT_pic

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17637461/i_probably_shouldnt_have_done_it_but_i_couldnt_take_it_anymore

http://www.cafemom.com/group/47645/forums/read/17616844/omg_this_is_the_job_from_hell_i_hate_this_i_just_want_to_cry

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17616878/i_hate_this_i_wish_i_could_quit_right_now_this_second_but_i_cant

Quoting truelove813:

Wait... what was he reported to the health inspector for? A little more background info would be nice for those of us who may not have seen a previous post by you (if there was one concerning the situation). 

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Regardless of your job responsibilities, you still should be mature and responsible when terminating employment from any employer. As I said 2 times already, your letter/email to your employer is very immature. Go speak to them. Don't burn bridges!

Quoting D.O.E.:

i was hired to be a cook, he kept adding duties. chopping wood was not in the job description. i have been doing my damndest to keep this place up to health and safety regulations, but now that the other girl has quit, the only other person working is the boss (alternate shifts) and as the boss, he should give a shit if his cooler is up to standard, he shouldn't be trying to use spoiled food to serve the few customers we do have, he should not be leaving piles of dishes, and full garbages ect for me to deal with in the morning. he always has wood chopped and burning on his shifts, but refuses to have wood chopped and ready for me to burn to keep the place warm during the day. i wear a coat. customers, wear coats. 

it is ridiculous. i have gotten in shit for tossing spoiled produce, dairy and meat. he thought we could still use them. i have got in shit for organizing and cleaning the cooler to bring it up to regulation. i have called the health inspector, and while the boss claims to have never had an issue with public health, i was told he has been flagged 3 times in the last year for violations.

how about keeping the place open with no running water? hands cant be washed, dishes cant be done, and it is LAW that you close, he refuses and insists we stay open.

EI - employment insurance http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/index.shtml

we pay into it monthly, and it can be used if you lose your job due to lay offs, companies closing, bad health, and it also covers maternity leave. it also can cover compassionate leave, if for instance your parent or child is sick or dies, you can have paid time off without worrying about being fired.

EI pays you 55% of your wages.

Quoting Ali5683:

What is El?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Ali5683:

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN