Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update Again ...UPDATE...Curly mixed sons hair *pic* advice please

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 194 Replies

Picture

The first pic is his natural curls blow dried. The one under that is after i brush it. The 2 on the right are after he gets up in the morning(i blow dried it last ). ok I hate brushing his hair because it becomes a fro, it's cute but I don't always want it. I cannot comb it either. What are some ways to take care of his hair naturally so it doesn't nap? Any advice with hair products will help too!

UPDATE

OK Sorry I should have told everybody. I have only blow dried his hair twice ONLY because it was cold, any other time it air dries. His hair is really thin so i cannot use a wide comb. I use cocoa butter leave in conditioner but I really dont like how heavy it is. I have found olive oil hair detangler but used it all and ha e not been able to find anymore. I have looked every where but on line *may be a good idea* and for the ladies saying to cut it ''NO'' cutting it is not an option.

Update.... Please do not post telling me to cut his hair your wasting your time. I'm clearing asking for hair product advice.... I will be trying some of the products you ladies told me about and I thank you for the advice. And to the ladies posting pics of your bi babies thank you they are so adorable! And btw he didn't get all these curls until about 6 months ago lol I've had him with short hair and I love his hair! Both of my boys are models, his long curly hair puts the cherry on top!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SevenKisses
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't imagine this is for only girls, and the only thing I can think of is using Butter Creme (Jessies brand) if you go to the site, you can get free samples. I use them on my niece's hair and you wouldn't believe... it's a freaking MIRACLE. Her hair looks just like that, once the creme is in though the curls are lucious and 'wet' looking. It's an amazing product lol.

I've always told my sister not to brush her hair either, you are just destroying it really and kids with this kind of hair do not need it brushed.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
7 moms liked this

I would advise to stop blow drying his hair. Looks like he needs a daily moisturizer and some water. If you want to comb it, do it while it's really wet with a wide tooth comb. 

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I would advise to stop blow drying his hair. Looks like he needs a daily moisturizer and some water. If you want to comb it, do it while it's really wet with a wide tooth comb. 

This. That heat is killing it.

Also, how often are you washing his hair? Just for Me products are really good, hair lotion is a life saver.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Use the Tangle Teezer brush and don't blow dry it anymore. Use organic coconut oil, it's awesome!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/detangling-brush/TGLTEZ1,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I am mixed. Stop blow-drying his hair - the heat can cause damage and cause it to break and become more dry. Use a moisturizing cream, a leave in conditioner (I like Suave's Keratin Leave-In Condioner) or an anti-frizz serum. Do you know how to braid? Some french braids at night would make his hair more managable in the morning when you want to comb it out - There are how-to videos on You-tube if you don't know how. Hope this helps. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Cut it.
.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my sons hair. He's mixed too. I NEVER brush or comb his hair EXCEPT when it's wet and has conditioner in it. Most of the time I dry his hair but after it's dry I don't brush it or anything. But your sons hair looks like it might need some pink lusters or something like that. I could be completely wrong though. Lol! Our kids hair looks like different textures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traceyssel
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM

My son is also mixed but has more of white people hair. It did get pretty curly and we cut it and it looks nice now.

when his hair gets dry we use olive oil lotion in it

ms-superwoman
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM
3 moms liked this

There is a shampoo and conditioner called Mixed Chicks. It is awesome! I use it for my son. Paul Mitchell also makes some stuff called curls but it isn't for kids, so you would have to watch out for tears. 

Before - This was a good day... LOL

After -  And he had been playing all day.

Ms.D-_-
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Stop blow drying it. You should never brush or comb it while its dry. Get a good conditioner and while hes in the bath wet his hair, rub the conditioner in it and comb it gently with a wide tooth comb. Working with curly hair is a process and takes work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)