Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your son likes girl colors, uh oh...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

This is what a mother of one of my son's classmates said to me!!!

He broke his arm at school and she asked how he was doing. She saw the purple cast on his arm (his choice, it's his fav color) and actually said that.

He's almost 11 years old and I don't know what his favorite color has to do with anything or how a color is a "girls color"... But the type of person she is, the way she said it and the tone of her voice led me to believe she was saying that he was going to "turn gay" or something. Pissed me off... Vent over lol.

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM
DS is three and his favorite color is purple! Just like the Baltimore Ravens! It is not girly IMO!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My four year old DS really likes pink. I don't see anything wrong with it. Who the hell determined what constitutes a "girl" vs "boy" color anyway?

lanceandhailey
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Oh please. My son likes red, black and Purple! He does May Thai fights, football, wrestling and baseball... I would have laughed at her.

MommieSDW
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Or your son could just be a confident boy who knows what he likes and isn't afraid to rock a purple cast.

People like that irk me. 

Schleetle
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM
That's lame. My sons like purple too. They are into this skater style clothing, and there's a lot of purple with those clothes it seems like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM

um hes a kid romans thought it was the color of royalty my 3yr old daughter wants a blue furby and boys elmo pjs

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM
A color is just that when did colors become gender assigned. Only colors that are is pink n blue even then its only to say what u are having .
Starryeyez_01
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Just means your a good mom letting your son enjoy all the beautiful colors of the world while shes probably over painting her sons room black and blue hoping he doesnt "turn gay"...so stupid...
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I know!!! I don't know if she was calling him a girly boy or what, but my son is a boy-boy all the way I guess in the "typical" sense of the word...

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

My four year old DS really likes pink. I don't see anything wrong with it. Who the hell determined what constitutes a "girl" vs "boy" color anyway?

Before the cast, and pissed off that I was taking his picture...

After

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I thought - that he's got some balls to wear a color that some may make fun of him for, because HE likes it and doesn't care what people think. I was proud of him.

Quoting MommieSDW:

Or your son could just be a confident boy who knows what he likes and isn't afraid to rock a purple cast.

People like that irk me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured