Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ObamaCare has officially impacted my personal life

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 79 Replies
Went in for my 20 week check up today. My Dr. whom I have grown to trust, told me he is leaving the practice. In fact every ob in the group is leaving except 1.

The Hospital that this group delivers for is appalled at the fact that Obama Care covers birth control. They have made it clear they are opting out so any dr that wants to cover BC is restricted. My dr even said they are no longer allowing their Obs to work on infertility cases because they are a strictly Catholic hospital.

Well thanks Catholic hospital! Now we all have to either stay where we are with Drs we don't know, go through the hassel of finding a new dr while pregnant, wait til after the birth to find a new office who can offer the bc we NEED, or go through a similar hassle following our dr to the new hospital.

What would you ladies do? Follow your dr, stay put and hope you like the new dr, or find a whole new office all together?

*I am not blaming ObamaCare for the crazy.*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
bump
CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM
bump
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM
7 moms liked this
Catholics don't believe in birth control. Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to disrespect their feelings on the matter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM
3 moms liked this

deal with it, welcome to Obamacare... it won't be the last time it screws things up for you. 

cableknit
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM
7 moms liked this
I would absolutely 100% follow my doctor!

I mean really, who is that surprised?

Obamacare also affected my life. I now have healthcare through my mothers insurance plan. The insurance through my work is awful. Now when I get sick it doesn't cost me hundreds of dollars to get better! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I would follow my Dr. I have grown attached to her doctor-ing skills.

I hope, for your sake OP, that this doesn't turn in to a battle of the faith's or a battle of the political parties..I'm not sure which is worse..

lilbit53009
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

blame the crazy catholic church

as far as what you should do...is your doctor going to be close by? if so i'd keep the same doctor for the rest of the pregnancy and then find a new doctor.

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Go with your doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
My last pregnancy I went to the same dr who worked for the same group who only delivered in the same hospital. All of a sudden revoking your dr and patients privileges to bc is crazy. If it has always been that way that would be understandable.

Quoting AngryBob:

Catholics don't believe in birth control. Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to disrespect their feelings on the matter.

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
He is moving 9 miles away.

Quoting lilbit53009:

blame the crazy catholic church

as far as what you should do...is your doctor going to be close by? if so i'd keep the same doctor for the rest of the pregnancy and then find a new doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)