Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my dh likes someone else UPDATE!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Everyday when he gets home it's j did this and j said that!! And it's all day and all night. She's all I hear about. And anytime he has a problem he goes to her!! Wtf? They've only been working together for maybe three months.

**I have talked to him. He tells me I'm just being jealous that he only talks to her because he works with her. But he doesn't talk about his other coworkers nearly as much not even the ones he works closely with. I can't do anything without him bringing her up. I don't think he's cheating but I do think he likes her and I don't know what to do. He can't change his hours or anything like that. And I can't make him quit lol. So idk.**

*** Thank you ladies for all of your advice. I will try to talk to him again and see his reaction and try to get him to understand why I am so uncomfortable. I will also make sure I meet her. Thanks again for all of your advice***

**** I went to dh's work today for his lunch break but I didn't get to meet her until right before I left. She was kinda pretty but didn't look anything like me. I'm having dh invite her over for dinner one night so I can actually meet her. I also talked to him again last night. He said his usual she's just someone I work with. So I guess we'll see what happens.****
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Replies (101-110):
HaveFaith1215
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Sorry, but it sounds like it's only a matter of time before he ....... 

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean?

Quoting DuncansMommy:

BIG RED FLAG!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Yes I do.

You have no way of knowing if you're overreacting until you meet her for yourself. Who knows. She might be a great person!!

If your husband is cheating you will know within seconds of her coming over. Plus, if he has something to hide, he won't let her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you really think that would be a good idea?

Quoting dee1603:

It's very common.

When I worked at a corp everyone had a work husband or work wife.

Relax. Seriously. Invite her over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Work wife? I think not. He only needs one wife. Me.

Quoting dee1603:

It's his work wife. Invite her over for dinner.

Work wives make the best bff's to home wives.
asmoni
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

When you meet her be sure and make your husband out to be a big slob and share his nasty habits like its no big deal...make sure you draw the line with her without her knowing what you're doing lol, hopefully she will be repulsed and walk away from their "friendship"

armstrong7984
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

The op's dh seems to be more infactuated with this girl and hes been telling her all his problems too which could easily be emotionally cheating and ya she said that he wont let her talk about it, too many red flags already, in your case it couldve been simply been excited about the job. Only time my dh spoke about the girls he worked with was when he was bitching about them. lol

Quoting chas1217:

My df did this when he first started the job he is at now. He talked about one of the girls he works with all the time, he didn't go to her with his problems but he talked about her alot. I talked to him, he assured me I had nothing to worry about, that he just got along with her and they had to spend time together, they work together. He works with alot of women at this job. The first chance he had for me to go meet her, he took me to meet her, I felt much better. I really like her now actually lol. But I talked to him about it, he stopped doing it as much too. Also I had to realize, he did have to spend time with her, and he was excited about the new job. sometimes him telling me about the job involved him talking about her. I guess it would really depend on what he was saying about her all the time? It would also bother me that when you bring it up he blows it off and tells you to stop being jealous.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Just read your edit. I think you need to trust your gut. You know he likes her. Have one more conversation with him where you very plainly tell him that you know he likes her and hope that he respects your vows and never acts on it. Do your best not to get emotional. When he accuses you of being jealous, stand you ground and say you are his wife and know him enough to be able to tell this. 

Then drop it but be wary. It sucks but there is only so much you can control. Focus on yourself and your kids.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I hope he chooses to do the right thing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

When you meet her tomorrow, see if she reminds you of yourself. Maybe she reminds him of you and it's easy for him to talk to her. If worse comes to worse and he won't listen to you is there any way you could "meet" a man to start talking about all the time?

Quoting Anonymous:

Like 2-4 years older than us I think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then that is weird. Do you know how old this woman is? 

Quoting Anonymous:

He has a brother. He's never been one to talk to girls. I was the one who started talking to him when we first got together. He has always been friends with men.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh used to do that, he just felt more comfortable talking to women. It took him a while to realize that it wasn't appropriate. He doesn't do it anymore, at all. Granted he isn't working in the same place anymore, but I just want you to know just because he's doing this doesn't mean he likes her like that. Does he have any brothers or just sisters? My dh only has a sister, which I've learned, made him more comfortable around females than it did males. 

armstrong7984
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM

cheats..... :(

Quoting HaveFaith1215:

Sorry, but it sounds like it's only a matter of time before he ....... 

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean?

Quoting DuncansMommy:

BIG RED FLAG!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Ok. I'll talk to him tonight and tell him once dd is better I'd like for her to come over for dinner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I do.

You have no way of knowing if you're overreacting until you meet her for yourself. Who knows. She might be a great person!!

If your husband is cheating you will know within seconds of her coming over. Plus, if he has something to hide, he won't let her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you really think that would be a good idea?

Quoting dee1603:

It's very common.

When I worked at a corp everyone had a work husband or work wife.

Relax. Seriously. Invite her over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Work wife? I think not. He only needs one wife. Me.

Quoting dee1603:

It's his work wife. Invite her over for dinner.

Work wives make the best bff's to home wives.
MrsRi
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM
I could make one up lol. That's about all I could do.

Quoting Anonymous:

When you meet her tomorrow, see if she reminds you of yourself. Maybe she reminds him of you and it's easy for him to talk to her. If worse comes to worse and he won't listen to you is there any way you could "meet" a man to start talking about all the time?

Quoting Anonymous:

Like 2-4 years older than us I think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then that is weird. Do you know how old this woman is? 

Quoting Anonymous:

He has a brother. He's never been one to talk to girls. I was the one who started talking to him when we first got together. He has always been friends with men.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh used to do that, he just felt more comfortable talking to women. It took him a while to realize that it wasn't appropriate. He doesn't do it anymore, at all. Granted he isn't working in the same place anymore, but I just want you to know just because he's doing this doesn't mean he likes her like that. Does he have any brothers or just sisters? My dh only has a sister, which I've learned, made him more comfortable around females than it did males. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN