Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my dh likes someone else UPDATE!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Everyday when he gets home it's j did this and j said that!! And it's all day and all night. She's all I hear about. And anytime he has a problem he goes to her!! Wtf? They've only been working together for maybe three months.

**I have talked to him. He tells me I'm just being jealous that he only talks to her because he works with her. But he doesn't talk about his other coworkers nearly as much not even the ones he works closely with. I can't do anything without him bringing her up. I don't think he's cheating but I do think he likes her and I don't know what to do. He can't change his hours or anything like that. And I can't make him quit lol. So idk.**

*** Thank you ladies for all of your advice. I will try to talk to him again and see his reaction and try to get him to understand why I am so uncomfortable. I will also make sure I meet her. Thanks again for all of your advice***

**** I went to dh's work today for his lunch break but I didn't get to meet her until right before I left. She was kinda pretty but didn't look anything like me. I'm having dh invite her over for dinner one night so I can actually meet her. I also talked to him again last night. He said his usual she's just someone I work with. So I guess we'll see what happens.****
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Replies (51-60):
loving_my2boys
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Same here my ex husband always talked about this girl and talked to her about all of our problems but never talked to me about them. Not long after we got separated he moved in with her for a while and they were sleeping together.

Quoting Anonymous:

If he's using her to confide in about his personal problems, and is incessantly talking about her like that, they yeah, you are not being jealous. My dad did the same thing. Him and the other woman "confided" in each other about their problems, spouses etc. and I distinctly remember siting at the dinner table hearing him talk about this woman. He would tell us things she said that made him laugh, thinking we would find them funny too, and a bunch of other crap about her.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what my dh says :( it's always I just work with her. Or stop being so jealous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, sounds like it. My dad pulled that with my mom. He talked about her all the time, and when my mom was was like "You sure do seem to talk about her a lot." he would get defensive and say "I'm around her at work, and she's just someone I talk to!" 

The ugly truth showed it's face shortly after. He was infatuated with her, and just thought she was oh, so great, fun, funny, sexy, etc. etc. and was wanting to leave my mom for her. It all backfired. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
thats what my ex did when he was cheating on me with his co worker.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I would not be okay with her.

I would sit down and talk to him and tell him how you feel and that you are uncomfortable with their relationship.  Have you met her before?  Has he made an effort for you two to meet?  I'm all for friendships, but if it's like this then I would be suspicious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I have talked to him. We never get anywhere though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you talk to him about it? It could just be nothing but u want know unless u talk to him about it. I would think the same thing you are thinking but never go to accusing until u know cause some men will go out and do it even if they hadn't already just bc they get tired of being accused of doing it. Talk to him like tonight don't wait then if it what is going on then u deserve better.
armstrong7984
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM

ya thats a bit strange

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Big Red Flag

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM
He just tells me to stop being jealous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just talk to him and see what he says. Tell him it bothers u or that it makes u wonder why he talks about her so much. See his reaction to ur question.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's the new co worker. He just got the job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have u said something to him??? My hubby does that when they get a new co-worker so im used to it. One time I was kind of like umm but after I told him about it he was like "OH NO she could be my mom, I just think she is very funny"... After meeting her I knew what he meant...

angy129
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Then I understand your concern. You should definitely tell him how you're feeling. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Any and all

Quoting angy129:

"Problems"? What kind of problems does he go to her with? 

armstrong7984
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

ya thats a huge red flag, and its def not normal for him to be doing. Do you know if he could change positions or hours or jobs? My dh would do anything in a heart beat to appease me ya know..and he should be willing to do whatever it takes to make you know that you are his only love, and shes not even in the equation.

Quoting Anonymous:

He just tells me to stop being jealous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just talk to him and see what he says. Tell him it bothers u or that it makes u wonder why he talks about her so much. See his reaction to ur question.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's the new co worker. He just got the job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have u said something to him??? My hubby does that when they get a new co-worker so im used to it. One time I was kind of like umm but after I told him about it he was like "OH NO she could be my mom, I just think she is very funny"... After meeting her I knew what he meant...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I have. He tells me I'm just being jealous.

Quoting angy129:

Then I understand your concern. You should definitely tell him how you're feeling. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Any and all

Quoting angy129:

"Problems"? What kind of problems does he go to her with? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)