Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should you be able to sue a cheating spouse and/or their other person?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: should you be able to sue a cheating spouse and/or their other person?

Options:

yes the spouse

yes the OP

Yes to both

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

For information please click the ribbon. 

my son and I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within our bodies. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I say yes to both. BUT it must be proven the OP KNEW that the person they were with was married to another person. 

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM

No.  You got cheated on, get over it and move on.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Sue for what
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

there could be manythings

often when a partner cheats it leads to divorce which leads to finacial hardships. It also can lead to emotional hardships as well. 

Quoting mommysangelface:

Sue for what

For information please click the ribbon. 

my son and I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within our bodies. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
In the state of NC you can sue the other man/woman in a court of law, but you have to have strong proof
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you should be able to sue, but I do think the person who cheated should have to pay some form of allomony/spousal support until the other person gets re-married. I'm not saying something outragious either. But they owe it to the spouse they cheated on, imo.
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Not worth it IMO

Plus the courts have more important things to worry about

Quoting gypsy_rose:

there could be manythings

often when a partner cheats it leads to divorce which leads to finacial hardships. It also can lead to emotional hardships as well. 

Quoting mommysangelface:

Sue for what

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

You are allowed to take legal action against any breech of contract...marriage is a legal contract so I think you should be allowed to sue your spouse for breaking it and the other person/people as accomplices. They are far and few between, but there have been people that have done it and won.

Breamarkable
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Yes, mental anguish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Yes you can sue. Would I sue? No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)