Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not your babysitter!!!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM
  • 16 Replies
Our across the street neighbors are trashy. I hate to say that, but it's true. Basically, the people who own the house are a married couple in their late 40's who fight loudly and constantly. They have a 25 year old daughter who lives there with her boyfriend (who she calls her husband) and their 3 kids. Let's just say, these people should be on Jerry Springer. We've called the cops on them multiple times for letting their kids (ages 2, 6, and 7) play in the street and all over the neighborhood with absolutely no supervision. She comes to my house at least once a week to borrow my phone because hers has been shut off to call local bars to try to find her boyfriend. They've both been in jail for dui charges. The list goes on, but you get the idea.
Anyway, so her kids basically stand in their front yard waiting for me to get home from picking my kids up from school and they charge over here and into our house without a question. They stay until I tell them they have to leave (usually dinner time). I feel bad for them because I know they have a bad home life and they're neglected, so that's why I let them come over.
Well, today my kids had some chores to do and my youngest son has a stomach bug, so when we got home and they ran this way I told them "Sorry, not today. We've got a lot to do." and a few minutes later the mom came walking over demanding to know why her kids weren't allowed in my house. Asking "Did they do something wrong? Are they just getting on your nerves?", but in a rude tone of voice. I nicely explained why they couldn't come today, but I wanted to scream "Lady, I am not your babysitter!!! I don't owe you an explanation as to why your kids can't come over today!! Your kids are annoying and the only reason I ever let them over is so they'll actually have someone watching them!!!".

Sorry, rant over. I'm just so frustrated with her right now...ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleedhairspray
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM

You should have just said that to her. 

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell yes.

Quoting bleedhairspray:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
I'm a really non confrontational person. I would love to say that to her, but I can't bring myself to.

Quoting bleedhairspray:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Ill do the honors for you. She needs to hear it.

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

I'm a really non confrontational person. I would love to say that to her, but I can't bring myself to.

Quoting bleedhairspray:

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
That'd be great...thanks. lol

Quoting EAzizM:

Ill do the honors for you. She needs to hear it.

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Quoting bleedhairspray:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

WOW!! Ya--that would drive me CRAZY TOO!! I'm sorry you have to deal with them every day!! :( We use to have kids that lived next door to us that I REFUSED to allow my kids to play with--they were a VERY BAD influence! They tried to get my kids to steal candy from the mini mart by our house! The oldest kid killed some baby frogs infront of my kids!! My oldest son told him to STOP!! The kid would NOT STOP! :(  The mom would always let her stupid dog out their back door, and the dog would then come over and crap on MY grass!! I should have called animal control!! IDK WHY I didn't!!! Then when I would call her to come over and clean up her dogs crap, she would whine about how her back was hurting her, it was raining and she didn't want to get wet--BLA!! BLAH!! BLAH!! I was SOOOO GLAD when they FINALLY moved AWAY!!!

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Think you did the right thing. Why start a war with your neighbors. 

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Yikes!! They sound awful. I'm glad they moved away so y'all don't have to deal with that anymore. If only I was so lucky...lol

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW!! Ya--that would drive me CRAZY TOO!! I'm sorry you have to deal with them every day!! :( We use to have kids that lived next door to us that I REFUSED to allow my kids to play with--they were a VERY BAD influence! They tried to get my kids to steal candy from the mini mart by our house! The oldest kid killed some baby frogs infront of my kids!! My oldest son told him to STOP!! The kid would NOT STOP! :(  The mom would always let her stupid dog out their back door, and the dog would then come over and crap on MY grass!! I should have called animal control!! IDK WHY I didn't!!! Then when I would call her to come over and clean up her dogs crap, she would whine about how her back was hurting her, it was raining and she didn't want to get wet--BLA!! BLAH!! BLAH!! I was SOOOO GLAD when they FINALLY moved AWAY!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Thanks. My husband would have gone off on her, so I'm kinda glad he wasn't home lol.

Quoting gonecrazi:

Think you did the right thing. Why start a war with your neighbors. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)