Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Weed doesn't kill brain cells any more than holding your breath for 30 seconds does....

Posted by   + Show Post

Marijuana creates a film over your myelin sheath that causes slowed reaction times and slows down the amount of electrical impulses that travel between the cells...

But that Film degrades over time and when you are not stoned anymore the area of your brain with the film over it was actually MORE protected than before.

This is one of the reasons it's helping to improve brain function in Alzheimer's patients and brain tumor patients...

FYI...

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM
I agree, I read studies that its actually only harmful to the developing brain and or skitzophrenics (sp?)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM

My FIL cured his cancer with hemp oil.

And I just read on Huff that a baby's brain tumor was cured with it, too.

nverheyn2011
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Really? Hmm... I was told this from a friend of mine who learned this in a college health class. Perhaps his teacher got the info wrong? Idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

I WAS ACTUALLY TOLD TO TAKE B6 TO REVERSE NUMBNESS AND TINGLING FROM NERVE DAMAGE

Quoting nverheyn2011:

apparently if you drink too much B6 in a day (for example, drinking 3 monster energies a day for weeks straight) you'll lose feeling in your extremities and while they won't fall off, they'll be numb or tingly and it's irreversible.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Marijuana can be helpful in a lot of ways, but, as with anything else, it can be damaging if you use too much. 

CafeMom Tickers
singlemom1208
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
My nephew becomes a raging asshole when he's high.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM

SEVERE toxicity can cause irreversible damage.. but not the levels in energy drinks unless you are drinking like unthinkable amounts, way more than 3 a day.  B6 is water soluable so you usually pee out the excess, more people have numbness/tingling from a lack of  b vitamins rather than an excess. 

Quoting nverheyn2011:

Really? Hmm... I was told this from a friend of mine who learned this in a college health class. Perhaps his teacher got the info wrong? Idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

I WAS ACTUALLY TOLD TO TAKE B6 TO REVERSE NUMBNESS AND TINGLING FROM NERVE DAMAGE

Quoting nverheyn2011:

apparently if you drink too much B6 in a day (for example, drinking 3 monster energies a day for weeks straight) you'll lose feeling in your extremities and while they won't fall off, they'll be numb or tingly and it's irreversible.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Marijuana can be helpful in a lot of ways, but, as with anything else, it can be damaging if you use too much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Slowed electrical impulses are what allow me to focus and concentrate when I study.
Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Yup. B6 is sometimes given to seizure patients to help lessen the severity, but it can cause neuropathy (the painful tingling or numbness you described) in the long term.

Quoting nverheyn2011:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

There are still people out there that still think that pot kills brain cells?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Waste your time? Like you were made to come into this post. Thanks for the laugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't take orders from people that waste my time posting about weed.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG REALLY!...don't care.

Then next time it might save us all time if you just skimmed over the posts that clearly indicate what the post will be about...

Refurbished
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Quoting NiCo86:

good information to have.

one study i read said that a person who smoked marijuana every day for seven years actually repaired lung damage from a previous cigarette addiction.

Where did you find this study?  I hope it wasn't from the internet.  The internet is a terrible place to read about "studies."  Any website can be created by anyone.  There is no fact checking, no peer review, no quality assessments, no removal when it's found to be incorrect, biased, or outright lies.  It really scares me how many people believe things just because they found it on a website, when that website could very well have been created by your drug dealer next door. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured