Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teachers do not require a gift *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

EDIT

Nice chat and responses. Beautiful to see Goodwill is not dead in this day and age. Extending acts of gratitude can very often deepen their convictions about what they do in their lives on the daily basis.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

swag? *chortle*

nverheyn2011
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I ALWAYS gave my chorus teacher a gift at Christmas time. Not to mention chipping in for the group gift.

I always got him a stuffed whale. He's got all four of them (from high school) sitting on his piano in his classroom. :)

Rebecca7708
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Most schools have banned holiday celebrations of any type, so I don't think that teachers in those schools should expect gifts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh gets a holiday bonus and a gift from his bosses, I highly doubt teachers are so lucky.
I generally get the teachers gift cards to coffee places or restaurants. My 6 year olds teacher will get nothing this year since she has been a complete wench to my son all year.
livric
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

LOL,  I just took the kids to school and they had christmas cards for all their friends to give out,  they had a present for their teacher each and I had a present for Eric's support teacher and support co-ordinator.  so we had an arm full!!    I give the gifts because all yeah the teachers have supported my children, encouraged and spent time and effort on them.  It is my way of saying thank you for the care and wonderful teaching they gave my child.   Eric's special needs teachers deserve a gold medal as they have gone above and beyond for my little boy.   They have put their heart and soul into him and so I say thank you to then at Christmas, which for us in Australia is the end of the school year.   we are now breaking up for summer holidays next week!!  4 days of school left YAY  then no school unil Feb2nd :)

shymomof4
by Kristyn on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

To show my appreciation  for doing an excellent job with assisting to mold my child.  For having the patience to teach my child in the way she best learns and for going above and beyond the standards of her profession.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a gift, usually gifts are not required items, hence the title of gift.
HotMichMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Did you even go to school?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

And your point? Do you or your husband get a gift from your work? If so, you may want to give it back, because you chose to work, your gift is a paycheck, anything else should be illegal.

dumbass. 

Quoting Anonymous:

ANYONE appreciates a gift or a card.  Teachers are NOT special.  They chose their profession and are paid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Teachers never expect a gift, but they always appreciate one should you choose to give one. Even a card is nice. 

Quoting Lady_In_Ink:

This is a new thing to me. Does my son's K teacher expect a gift? I mean, I don't think getting her a gift is a bad thing, but I am poor, man. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured