Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's Really do Have it Way Easier

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies

It wasn't a problem so much with one kid, but working with two or more is awful. I stayed home the last year (after I had the baby). Now its back to work. My job isn't even hard. One kid hates me because I lack the time or energy to hang out or take her to events etc, and the other I bearly get to see awake.

I absolutly hate my life. I wish I never had kids. Working sucks. Its just constant "go,go,go!" Before and after work. I don't have the energy to cook or clean. The house is a gross mess. The sink is full of dishes. I ended up failing my classes. I hate everything. SO helps when he can, but he works full time+.

I miss my days of planning nice meals for the family, the time I spent crawling on the floor with the little one, or taking her for walks. Now, I'm just constantly stressed (and starving). My feet are killing me. I love my kids, but I can't do this. Id rather be in a homeless shelter.

I work 6 days a week and time off isn't an option ( I would def take a day off if I could, don't even care about getting paid). No staying home isn't really an option, SO wants me working. I'm ready to roll over and die, this is awful.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM
10 moms liked this
I am very thankful I get to be a SAHM. I couldn't imagine not being able to see my kids whenever I wanted to. Hope it gets better for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe a new job with more flexible hours? Have you tried cutting back on things so you could possibly go part time ir close to
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM
This! -HUGS- op.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

I am very thankful I get to be a SAHM. I couldn't imagine not being able to see my kids whenever I wanted to. Hope it gets better for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Yay another SAHM vs Working Mom post! :/

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM

my doc put me on sick leave today, THANK GOD. i was in same boat as you, had a boss from hell too. now i get 15 weeks sick leave followed by 35 weeks mat leave.

and when i am done mat leave, i plan on getting my certification so i can work pt at a shelter, and still make $20hr, and have more time at home with my kiddos

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Do you need to work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

This job is in walking distance of my house. I only work 30 hours so can't go less. Theres nothing left to cut back on. I would personally be willing to live in the next city over where it much much cheaper (rent wise) but SO says no. He doesn't want to cut back on anything. He wants to live/ spend freely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe a new job with more flexible hours? Have you tried cutting back on things so you could possibly go part time ir close to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Just b/c your life sucks doesn't mean sahms have it easier. Then leave your so and be a single mom.
StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this
You and SO need to have a talk.

And make a comprise.

If you arent happy then yiu need to voice that.

Im glad my hubby doesnt want me to work.

We feel its the job of a woman to be st home with chuldren, cook, clean and etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

yes. I have a kid from a previous marriage that I support. Her dad has an order to pay child support but chooses not to,so in the mean time (yes I am fighting with the courts) I need income.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Do you need to work?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)