Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's Really do Have it Way Easier

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It wasn't a problem so much with one kid, but working with two or more is awful. I stayed home the last year (after I had the baby). Now its back to work. My job isn't even hard. One kid hates me because I lack the time or energy to hang out or take her to events etc, and the other I bearly get to see awake.

I absolutly hate my life. I wish I never had kids. Working sucks. Its just constant "go,go,go!" Before and after work. I don't have the energy to cook or clean. The house is a gross mess. The sink is full of dishes. I ended up failing my classes. I hate everything. SO helps when he can, but he works full time+.

I miss my days of planning nice meals for the family, the time I spent crawling on the floor with the little one, or taking her for walks. Now, I'm just constantly stressed (and starving). My feet are killing me. I love my kids, but I can't do this. Id rather be in a homeless shelter.

I work 6 days a week and time off isn't an option ( I would def take a day off if I could, don't even care about getting paid). No staying home isn't really an option, SO wants me working. I'm ready to roll over and die, this is awful.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
You sound depressed. I'm sorry things are going so badly for you. :(

I hope things get better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
What do you take home after paying for daycare?
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Sounds like your SO is a problem. He alone doesn't dictate what you spend and where you live. If he wants to live and spend freely maybe he should get a better job. Or realize what it's doing to you and set a budget so you guys are stressed all the time. Your kids are suffering and all your SO cares about is living/spending freely. Wtf.

Quoting Anonymous:

This job is in walking distance of my house. I only work 30 hours so can't go less. Theres nothing left to cut back on. I would personally be willing to live in the next city over where it much much cheaper (rent wise) but SO says no. He doesn't want to cut back on anything. He wants to live/ spend freely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe a new job with more flexible hours? Have you tried cutting back on things so you could possibly go part time ir close to

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Only you can change your situation. The grass is always greener on the other side. There are sacrifices to be made on both sides.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
You need better time management skills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I am sorry you feel this way. Maybe try and find a way to better organize your time?
Also being a sahm is not necessarily easier, everyone's situation is different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You only work 5 hours a day... get over it. I thought you worked full time and had these issues. 30 hours isn't a lot.
TattooedMomto4
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I am sorry that you have it rough right now. ((((HUGS))))) I have been at home for most of the last 27 years that I have been married and when I did work (40 hours a week, 3rd shift, 5 nights a week) it was hard. I got about 5 hours of sleep a day (2 hours and then I woke up when my sons came home for lunch and then went back to sleep for 3 hours and got up when they got home from school). I had all the basic housework and laundry to do, ran errands, went to my sons school events, etc.. Being a SAHM is much easier than that was.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I am with you. I am single and so my sister is raising my kids for me since I see them an hour a day if I am lucky. I miss being a SAHM. Let's not even get into the chores or if I get to eat.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

First, 30 hours a week isn't all THAT much.

You need time management skills.  Do food prep ahead of time (like chopping veggies in the morning, using a crock pot, that sort of thing).  You (and your husband) can each do one "housecleaning" thing a night, and if you keep it up, the house stays pretty clean.

I've been both a sahm and a working mom - and honestly, working wasn't that bad.  The house stayed cleaner, there was more money to do things, the kids had activities and people to play with all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)