Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's Really do Have it Way Easier

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It wasn't a problem so much with one kid, but working with two or more is awful. I stayed home the last year (after I had the baby). Now its back to work. My job isn't even hard. One kid hates me because I lack the time or energy to hang out or take her to events etc, and the other I bearly get to see awake.

I absolutly hate my life. I wish I never had kids. Working sucks. Its just constant "go,go,go!" Before and after work. I don't have the energy to cook or clean. The house is a gross mess. The sink is full of dishes. I ended up failing my classes. I hate everything. SO helps when he can, but he works full time+.

I miss my days of planning nice meals for the family, the time I spent crawling on the floor with the little one, or taking her for walks. Now, I'm just constantly stressed (and starving). My feet are killing me. I love my kids, but I can't do this. Id rather be in a homeless shelter.

I work 6 days a week and time off isn't an option ( I would def take a day off if I could, don't even care about getting paid). No staying home isn't really an option, SO wants me working. I'm ready to roll over and die, this is awful.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Lol guess he doesn't love me enough.

oh how I wish it were that easy

Quoting Anonymous:

Talk to him.  If you want out so badly then he should love you enough to let you stay home.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Can you work opposite of your SO?

I am a stay at home mom but have been considering working swing shift starting next fall so I can still be home with my kids all day but also bring in a second check so we can look into start buying a house. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM

He does, but he works a lot, so it's not like he's just sitting around. here and there I come home to clean dishes and other things that need to be done but he hasn't anymore time than I do. He gets home late and doesn't want to start making a bunch of noise in the middle of the night (wish he felt that way about snoring lol) So i can't really be mad at him for not doing more.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

If you're working, too, he needs to be helping out around the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I am thankful everyday that I get to stay home. I love being a sahm and wife I couldn't imagine life any different.
I have severe anxiety so working has never been an option for me.
I hope things get better for you. Maybe you need a different job that's more flexible with hours and one where you can actually be off 2 days a week. Hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM

That what we were doing, but he switched hours and works right in the middle of the day. So my options are to work nights (which I really don't want to do since it would greatly affect my sleep.

Quoting PEEK05:

Can you work opposite of your SO?

I am a stay at home mom but have been considering working swing shift starting next fall so I can still be home with my kids all day but also bring in a second check so we can look into start buying a house. :)

samiam2919
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

The grass is rarely greener on the other side. I'm sorry your having a rough time : (

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM

30 hrs in five days. the sixth day (weekend) is open. could be 5 hours could be ten ) (i work in a kitchen)

Quoting AmberRose1122:

You work 30 hours a week spread over 6 days?

Quoting Anonymous:

This job is in walking distance of my house. I only work 30 hours so can't go less. Theres nothing left to cut back on. I would personally be willing to live in the next city over where it much much cheaper (rent wise) but SO says no. He doesn't want to cut back on anything. He wants to live/ spend freely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe a new job with more flexible hours? Have you tried cutting back on things so you could possibly go part time ir close to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM
I am a sahm and I will be the first to say it is sooo easy lol (for me, not talking about other sahm's ) I have 2 kids and plenty of time to do what needs to very done. I would never want to be a working mom at this stage of my life right now lol.
I am grateful for every day that I am able to have the easy life and take care of my family: )

Quoting Snapdragon88:

I have never understood why people like you get so offended by someone saying SAHMs have it easier...

Do you WANT to have it harder? Does it make you feel better to act like things are so tough for you because you stay at home? I see it as a blessing. If it's so hard for you then get a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just b/c your life sucks doesn't mean sahms have it easier. Then leave your so and be a single mom.
periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

If money isn't an issue start looking for a job that is more part-time. For me it's the best of both worlds, I get out of the house, make a little money but have plenty of time to clean and for my kids and dh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

no i'm olny working a little over 30hrs now. can't request anything right now, other than what is givin to me. Maan what i do to win the lottery right now lol

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Hugs. I'm sorry things are so difficult for you right now. Is there a way you can cut back to part time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN