Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scratched my eyeball

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 23 Replies

My son poked my eye today and then it started to hurt A LOT and it feels like I have glass under my eyelid. I assume he scratched my eye. I can't see the scratch. My eye is red, is watery, painful, and when I look to the left, it hurts more. I flushed it with water.Closed my eye to let it water more. I fear that I'll wake up tomorrow with a seriously fucked up eye.

Have you ever had a scratch on your eye?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyoftwo103
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

No. Sounds like it hurts though. :(

Hellobabies
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

My daughter did that when she was about 9 months old. I had contacts in and she had a hang nail. It tore my contact and part of it was stuck in my eye. The worse pain ever. I went to the eye doctor that day, he flushed it out again and sent me on my way. I had to wear my glasses for a week and it quit hurting after about 2 days. Good luck, I know how bad it sucks.

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Yes and it turned into a a sore on my eye the Dr. Called it an ulcer and explained it to be like a cold sore on your eye.  I hope yours doesn't get this bad because its one of the most painful things ever, this happened the day of my wedding! I had to go to ER and get numbing drops for my eye (they will not prescribe it but my maid of honor swiped the bottle so I had it throughout my wedding and reception thank God!) the pain lasted about a week and a half and I couldn't stand sunlight!  Best of luck to you, if it still bothers you tomorrow get to the Dr. Before it gets worse! If you wear contacts take them out!

Jers.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Sounds like a scratched cornea.  You will probably got ointment and have to wear a patch for a week.

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Quoting Jers.:

Sounds like a scratched cornea.  You will probably got ointment and have to wear a patch for a week.

So I should go to the dr?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Yea I cut mine at 3 different places at one time. They have me drops for it. It felt so much better after a couple days
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Yes

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Jers.:

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Jers.:

Maaaaaan

thanks

DayDreamer1201
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I got shot in the eyeball with a rubberband once. It was fun. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM

sucks to be you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured