Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby Teleah s/o. I need an answer!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 66 Replies
3 moms liked this
lots of women are saying that an 18 month old should stay with an adoptive couple who adopted her knowing the father could object. Which in fact he did. So I ask this question to those who think that.

let's say your week old infant was stolen from the crib one night. let's say you could not find her until five years later, despite massive manhunts. Do you walk away and let her "family" keep her? or do you go get your kid?

Is ^ that scenario any more of a kidnapping than Teleah's? Should a mother have no recourse if the baby's father had walked out of the house one night with the infant and placed her for adoption without the birth mother's knowledge? Are mom's all that matter?
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
5 moms liked this
I think the child should be returned to the father.

If my kids were abducted and I finally found them unharmed years later, you can bet your ass that I would fight tooth and nail to get them back!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I would let the family who had been raising my child continue to raise them. I would expect to have a relationship with my child, but I would do what I felt was best for the child... staying with the people she already sees as her parents.

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Quoting Brandyns87:

I would let the family who had been raising my child continue to raise them. I would expect to have a relationship with my child, but I would do what I felt was best for the child... staying with the people she already sees as her parents.

You would expect, but you would get nothing. they don't give two shits about you. they have what they want.

So, you say that as long as I raise a child away from her parents long enough, no one should take her from me? even if I lied, stole her, her killed her parents just to get her?
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM

BUMP!

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
And if they told you eff off?

Quoting Brandyns87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

BUMP!

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Bump! I'm looking forward to reading these replies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I don't get it either.  He should have gotten that baby back as soon as he contacted the agency and they had knowledge that he wanted his child and never agreed to the adoption.  Disgusting.

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I would do what I felt was best for my child. If the people raising her were kidnappers, or murderers that wouldn't be what was best for her. I didn't see the family who had Taleah as kidnappers.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting Brandyns87:

You would expect, but you would get nothing. they don't give two shits about you. they have what they want.

So, you say that as long as I raise a child away from her parents long enough, no one should take her from me? even if I lied, stole her, her killed her parents just to get her?

Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I would be fighting to get my kid back and i know DF would fight like hell to get his kid back if something happened. 

I think the father definitely deserves a chance to get to know his daughter and to raise her.  If the judge decided that he gets custody of his daughter then he should.  I can see how this situation will be hard on everyone involved, but if I were the family that had been raising her I would let the father have her back and just ask for some occasional updates on her.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)