Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm on the verge of losing it

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 17 Replies

I've been in chronic paid due to a hip fracture going on 16 months now. Today is especially bad. Every time I move I get excruciating spasms. I get them even when I don't move. Has anybody dealt with chronic pain before? How did you not go BSC? It's infuriating not to mention painful. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'm about to rip my hair out.

Please help.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Not the same as a hip, but I've been in chronic pain with my right ankle since February.  I actually get shooting pains in it when I'm tring to sleep.  I have no idea what I did, and I've been so busy and money so tight I keep putting off going to a bone doctor to see what's wrong with it.  

cherib82
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

don't know so here is a bump. and sorry you are having so much pain

opal10161973
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I have had Fibromyalgia for a long time and I just deal the best I can.  I have become philosphical about it.  I welcome the pain because it reminds me I'm alive.  Yeah, I know, that doesn't help.  Sorry.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

600-800mg ibuprofen usually does it for the pain I get from hip to ankle. I try to stick with the lower dose because I also have digestive issues and NSAIDs aren't good for that. Heat may make it feel better OR make inflammation worse. A cold pack is usually a better idea.

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I pretty much have a pharmacy. From NSAIDs, to patches, to injections, to narcotics. Nothing takes the pain fully away. I'm constantly miserable.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

600-800mg ibuprofen usually does it for the pain I get from hip to ankle. I try to stick with the lower dose because I also have digestive issues and NSAIDs aren't good for that. Heat may make it feel better OR make inflammation worse. A cold pack is usually a better idea.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Accupuncture?
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM

=(

Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Try a cayenne pepper tincture. Cayenne helps reduce inflammation of the joints, and can help alleviate pain.

luvcloudydays
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
DRUGS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pauliewogmamma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM
WEED!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN