Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is that right? Well f*** you too!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I told dh I was thinking of dying my hair black. My natural color is dark blonde. He said no. I said I didn't ask your permission. He said that he just didn't like black hair. I said it was my hair. He said, "Well I just don't want you to." Yeah not good enough! How would you deal with this? Does your dh think he owns your hair?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
tinkerbelle18
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

No he doesnt own my hair but I will take into consideration what he thinks. It wouldn't make him any less attracted to me and he would support me if I choose to do something to my appearance that he didn't like but I'd probably find a way to compromise with him. In your case, why not just try a semi permaenant color, one that will wash out in a few weeks?

Shelby212302
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
My husband doesn't "let" me get my hair cut. I obviously do it anyways
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oostera
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Dh said the same thing to me. I just went ahead and did it. It wasn't going to affect him either way, he just had to look at me. My stance has always been that if the love runs deep, it wouldn't matter what I looked like.

He just went along with it:) He knows better than to mess with my style. Thankfully, he let's me do my thing now with only an opinion offered on his part. He used to be much worse about voicing his opinions, like he would be mean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I know dh likes long hair. So, I'm growing my hair out. The only reason is because I want to grow it long too. I miss my butt length long hair. I want to dye my hair black. I like his hair long but I don't tell him how to wear it.
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It's my hair... So whatever I wanted would happen. I think it's hilarious that women 'respect' their husbands and that means they wont do something like dye their hair without their okay... If your husbands respected you he would support your decision to change your hair color.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
O_o

Quoting superwoman8977:

Yep. I dont do anything with my hair without the approval of dh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenziesmomma228
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

Wow. We don't think we own each others hair but we are considerate of each others feelings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Sounds to me like he is not attracted to black hair. Is your hair more important than your husband? Is it worth a fight? I would never do something to my body that SO was strongly against. SO is just more important than my hair color. And I have a say in him too. He knows I like him clean shaven so he shaves and he knows that I don't like it when he dyes his hair, I find the grey quite attractive so he doesn't dye it anymore.
michiganmom5150
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM
No, but I'm a hairdresser, so change is inevitable. I do ask his opinion as I don't want him to find me less attractive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Also, he recently shaved his goatee, I prefer it there, he looks like a 12 y/o without it. Lol he's growing it back. I didn't ask him to, just said I liked it. It's about respecting each other. Compromise maybe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured