Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is that right? Well f*** you too!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I told dh I was thinking of dying my hair black. My natural color is dark blonde. He said no. I said I didn't ask your permission. He said that he just didn't like black hair. I said it was my hair. He said, "Well I just don't want you to." Yeah not good enough! How would you deal with this? Does your dh think he owns your hair?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
samanthastaatss
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Whenever my man says something like this-I usually react the same way you did. But then I started to think about it and realized why would I dye my hair a color that my own husband wouldn't like...? 

opal10161973
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

After having been a blonde for years, I told DF that I was thinking of dyeing it auburn.  You know what he said?  "I always wanted to be with a woman with auburn hair."  That's called answering it LIKE A BOSS!  LOL

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
My dh has never had a prob with my hair. he likes the fun colors I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I ask DH his opinion on my hair. But I do what I want with it because it's my head and if we screw with the lights off he can't see my hair anyway.

tiggerbabie177
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Me and my SO do this back n forth all the time...I say i want to dye my hair XX color n he says no I like ur hair the way it is....then later he'll say he wants to grow a beard...I say hell no that'll look nasty on u...Then he says well ima grow it out anyways...then i say well ima dye my hair then!! And he says no ur not and i say then ur not growing a beard! Ull look like a damn bum!! And that ends our discussion...lol....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
No but he has his preferences. He doesn't like short hair so I don't cut my hair short.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I wouldn't do it if I were you. Black doesn't come out!

DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
My dh does not own my hair. He does have a way he likes it. I do color it the way he likes it... Here is why: if my hair, make up and style if dress pleases my dh, he is more attracted to me, this causes him him to want to show that in many different ways.... One of those ways is physical. For example, my dh loves my hair long & blonde. He also loves to play with and run his fingers through my hair. If it were short or black, he wouldn't be as attracted or it and he might not want to play with it. So, yes I do let my dh have a vote in what I do with my appearance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I ask his opinion, but do what I want. I want him to like it though. He likes my crazy colors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Psh. Dh knows better than to tell me how I should have MY hair. It is on MY head and it is MY decision! Tell him to suck a fat toe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)