Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is that right? Well f*** you too!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I told dh I was thinking of dying my hair black. My natural color is dark blonde. He said no. I said I didn't ask your permission. He said that he just didn't like black hair. I said it was my hair. He said, "Well I just don't want you to." Yeah not good enough! How would you deal with this? Does your dh think he owns your hair?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
outthere38
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM

its your hair...

BekkieBoodle
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Just do it. I love my dark hair.... I am also naturally blonde :) but I dye it dark, I think it looks better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I wouldn't like it if my dh said it like THAT. But I do want him to like my hair. He doesn't act like he owns any part of me though.... Even though sometimes I wish he would *wink wink*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
samanthastaatss
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM

And if your husband thinks your beautiful with the natural color you have..shouldn't you just take it as a compliment? He's trying to tell you that you're naturally beautiful to him, why would you want to change that?

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

It's my hair... So whatever I wanted would happen. I think it's hilarious that women 'respect' their husbands and that means they wont do something like dye their hair without their okay... If your husbands respected you he would support your decision to change your hair color.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I never ask permission for anything!
Breamarkable
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Every time my husband has demanded I grow my hair out to it's original blondeness, I dye it right back to red.
Same with when I'd pierced my lip.

It's my body.

Quoting Lady_In_Ink:

I do what I want!

mama_cullum
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Just make sure your eyebrows match. It's a pet peeve of mine. It irks me when I see someone with very dark hair and very light eyebrows to the point they look like they don't have eyebrows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Omg no black!!! I went black a year ago and it's still in there! Go brown not black
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Ok, I see your point. But, honest question. If he wanted to... Idk grow a handle bar mustache for example, and you really didn't want him to, and he did anyway, would you be upset?
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I ask his opinion and take it into consideration. I would not do something he outright says he doesn't like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)