Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is that right? Well f*** you too!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I told dh I was thinking of dying my hair black. My natural color is dark blonde. He said no. I said I didn't ask your permission. He said that he just didn't like black hair. I said it was my hair. He said, "Well I just don't want you to." Yeah not good enough! How would you deal with this? Does your dh think he owns your hair?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (61-70):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

Wow. We don't think we own each others hair but we are considerate of each others feelings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kde216
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Lol dh didn't want me to cut my hair. I wanted it short. I cut 6 1/2 inches off. He was pissed but got over it
MyDragonFlies11
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM
No he doesn't own it but if your smart u will keep. Him attracted to u.. people do things like that then wonder why their dh won't have sex with them anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Yeah. Like some others have suggested, I might go dark brown first if I do it at all.

Quoting cueballsmom:

keep in mind, black has to be cut out.
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM

My husband gives his opinion on any drastic hair choices I make, usually after the fact. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ok then, As long as he knows you won't object to anything dealing w his looks, fair deal then!

Quoting Anonymous:

No I wouldn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, I see your point. But, honest question. If he wanted to... Idk grow a handle bar mustache for example, and you really didn't want him to, and he did anyway, would you be upset?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM
He's got grey hair...... why can't I have grey hair too!! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

if you want to walk around with gray hair, that's fine and dandy

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Did he say he wouldn't be attracted to you, or did he say he doesn't like dark hair? Not liking your hair and not liking you are two totally different things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow this is moving fast! Lol Yes I do value his opinion or else I wouldn't have said anything beforehand. I don't get it though. If I was in a car accident that burnt half my face off, dh would still love me. Why wouldn't he be attracted to me with black hair instead of dark blonde? I'm still the woman he fell in love with 12 years ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I personally wouldn't because most of my "looks" I want my DH to enjoy and like... if he didn't like it, I would be much less likely to do it.  I like it when he's attracted to me!  But hey, it's your hair, your body, your choice!!!

MommaOfFive440
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM
He doesnt tell me what to do, but he does give his opinion. When I wanted to dye mine dark brown he said he liked it blonde. So its now dark brown with lots of blonde highlights! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)