Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**edit** Something I thought would never happen to me happened today

Posted by   + Show Post
Went to pick up my daughter from the after school program today at her school and my daughter wasn't there. My daughter is 7 years old and in the second grade. I started getting worried after about 5 minutes of the principal looking for her as well. When he asked to talked to me and another parent I knew it was trouble. Our kids are in the same class and apparently they took off walking after school. We didn't know they were missing for about 2 hours. It took us about 45 minutes to find them. They had the police on the way when another school called saying they were there. They had walked about 4 miles across 5 very busy intersections and multiple other smaller intersections. I never thought in a million years my daughter would take off like that. Her dad lives in texas and was freaking. Out and I couldn't stay on the phone with him because it was dying. I'm sooo thankful they are ok... And terrified of what could have happened.

**edit**
Many have asked about if she is being punished. I honestly have no idea how to punish her for this. Any suggestions.. Also is there any movies you can think of that would be good for her to watch about a kidnapping?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Good luck then.....I hope you can work something out to where she is picked up from school from now on. That would scare the shit out of me

Quoting ShireeCS:

We are leaning towards that but I have to work it out with my sister in law

Quoting Sassy762:

WOW........I would take her out of that after school program and pick her up from school everyday from now on

Quoting ShireeCS:

She said that he wanted to go to his grandpas house so she went with him.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Why did she take off?

isleysmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

That is so scary! I'm glad they were both okay. I do think it was very smart of them to go to the school.

ShireeCS
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM
She has only gone to after school a handful of times. I have been working temp jobs until I can find something permanently

Quoting Sassy762:

Good luck then.....I hope you can work something out to where she is picked up from school from now on. That would scare the shit out of me

Quoting ShireeCS:

We are leaning towards that but I have to work it out with my sister in law

Quoting Sassy762:

WOW........I would take her out of that after school program and pick her up from school everyday from now on

Quoting ShireeCS:

She said that he wanted to go to his grandpas house so she went with him.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Why did she take off?

sassysuie
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM

That is a very scary thing to have to go thru. I'm glad she was found safe!! I'm glad she didn't get hit by any cars or kidnapped by some weirdo!

rawrmommysaurus
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM

oh wow!  I was freaking out when I didn't see DS run out the school right away.  It took me all of 3 min to find him.

I can only imagine what you were going through.  Glad she is ok.  :)

CuzImMOM
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
My dd is the same age. I would of flipped a lid and been so scared
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Wow! Glad she's okay! I would take her out of the program OR make sure the staff was replaced. And then there would be some sort of punishment given (ESPECIALLY if she knows the rules about not walking off).

I'm glad you're baby girl is safe. And her friend.
NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Wow, so there was no adult supervision at all??
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Wow I would of choked someone! had  everybody of authority figure on them. my so nwould of   been given a huge hug and then, a gigantic grouding.... Were was they, at  ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Id give her some serious punishment! She's old enough to know better!

Quoting ShireeCS:

She had a lecture from several people realizes she did wrong. I don't know if I am going to punish her or just make sure she learned her lesson.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you going to punish her for it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)