Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**edit** Something I thought would never happen to me happened today

Posted by   + Show Post
Went to pick up my daughter from the after school program today at her school and my daughter wasn't there. My daughter is 7 years old and in the second grade. I started getting worried after about 5 minutes of the principal looking for her as well. When he asked to talked to me and another parent I knew it was trouble. Our kids are in the same class and apparently they took off walking after school. We didn't know they were missing for about 2 hours. It took us about 45 minutes to find them. They had the police on the way when another school called saying they were there. They had walked about 4 miles across 5 very busy intersections and multiple other smaller intersections. I never thought in a million years my daughter would take off like that. Her dad lives in texas and was freaking. Out and I couldn't stay on the phone with him because it was dying. I'm sooo thankful they are ok... And terrified of what could have happened.

**edit**
Many have asked about if she is being punished. I honestly have no idea how to punish her for this. Any suggestions.. Also is there any movies you can think of that would be good for her to watch about a kidnapping?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM
They never shoal have been able to just walk away! There afoul be supervision at all times until they are handed off to a parent.
ShireeCS
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I don't know how but I managed to hod it together until I talked to my mom a while after we got home... I'm still on an adrenaline high
ginger813
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

oh wow, how scary!! My oldest is 7 and in 2nd grade too, and I can't imagine how aweful that would be knowing what could have happened. Did the school have an explanation for how she and another kid disappeared without anyone knowing?

outthere38
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

scary.....hope she knows NEVER to that again!

tiggerbabie177
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Well thank God that they were smart to go to another school when they got lost!!! Man that could have turned out soo different!! Im glad they both r ok!!

Quoting ShireeCS:

They were walking to his grandpas house and got lost and somehow found a school

Quoting kaysha:

Why did they walk to another school?

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM

What is with the girls today. our school just had an alert call made to all the parents that 2 girls from my daughters school disapeared after school today and havent been found. 

ShireeCS
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Oh my this was a my daughter and a little boy...

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

What is with the girls today. our school just had an alert call made to all the parents that 2 girls from my daughters school disapeared after school today and havent been found. 

Mama2JoshKatie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I'm so glad your daughter is safe and sound! That is terrifying. I have an 8 and 5 year old so I can't imagine how scary that would feel. I would have lost my mind. When I was 10 my cousin and I took off on our bikes across town without telling any adults and our parents completely freaked out. When they found us I thought they were being "mean" with all that screaming and yelling. Of course now I know they were just scared out of their wits.

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM

OMG!!! super scary!!!!! i'm glad your DD is safe!

ShireeCS
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I never did anything like that and I walked to and from school everyday at her age.

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

I'm so glad your daughter is safe and sound! That is terrifying. I have an 8 and 5 year old so I can't imagine how scary that would feel. I would have lost my mind. When I was 10 my cousin and I took off on our bikes across town without telling any adults and our parents completely freaked out. When they found us I thought they were being "mean" with all that screaming and yelling. Of course now I know they were just scared out of their wits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)