Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas Breakfast??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have always been a Christmas Dinner family, and it's usually done by 1. Since we're in the kitchen, and the oven and stove top are in use, we rarely have the space to make a big breakfast.

What does your family do? In the past, we've made cinnamon rolls, and just had cereal. This year, I would like to do something more, and maybe push dinner back to 3.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM

we usually buy pastries for breakfast but the kids end up eating the goodies,if any, from their stockings and are too wrapped up in presents to care about eating until the dinner, which is about 1 pm like you.

this year we're going to try somethng different and actually are doing a breakfast wth some extended family. We're gonna try quiche and quickbreads, things that can be made and just put out so I can spend time with the little ones.

The stockings, I always try to put somethng sort of healthy in there...maybe those fruit-veggie smoothies for kids with winnie pooh or elmo on them, and yogurt melts. Things like that. They are little, and they think these things are candy.

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
This year i plan on making cinnamon roll pancakes with cream cheese syrup!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
You have me all looking forward to Christmas morning now. Lol

I'm going to dig up a crepe recipe like that PP was talking about. I haven't had crepes since I was a kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm thinking that might be a good way to go, along with some gingerbread made the night before as well.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Pinterest has some crockpot recipes for breakfasts and even Christmas breakfast that you do overnight. You should check that out...they look tasty as hell.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I don't eat them, or pancakes/waffles either, but DH likes them so I go with whatever pleases the crowd. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My husbands family was big on doing Crepes, but I never really liked them much, so I always ate before we went to their house.

Gingerbread loaf would be nice- that's something I could do up the night before :)

Quoting Schleetle:

I've done crepes a couple times. Sometimes just coffee, and gingerbread loaf is good too.

gotnothinonme
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM

My sis in law made these awesome looking bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches that you can make ahead and just warm in the microwave, I'm going to make a batch of those for Christmas morning, because like you, we eat a big dinner and I don't want to have to clean the kitchen twice on the holiday!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM

OMG. I must have the recipe for the pancakes. MUST!!!

gift

Quoting armyvet06:

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Ive heard alot of people say that. I just looked up a recipe one day and made it it turned out great (i actually dont follow recipes i use them more as an outline or guide) i then taught my fiance to make it and now he always makes it. My 15 year old sister makes really good biscuits and gravy 2 but my 22 yr old sister and 17 yr old sister only think they know how to make it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, I love biscuits and gravy! But I have never mastered the recipe for gravy.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Weve kind of started a tradition with the inlaws where they come over in the morning and we make biscuits and gravy for breakfast Its gonna be a little harder this year because were also making christmas dinner and were not even cooking at home were cooking at my grandmas so christmas morning will be a little rushed this year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karisma22
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM

We have sausage gravy and biscuits.  Sometimes mimosas for the adults.

1likeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I usually make cinnamon rolls. This year I'm going to do some sort of breakfast caserole that I can prep the night before. Christmas dinner for us is usually a big thing but I'm going to switch that up this year too and do something simple.
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Once i find it i will make a separate post so everyone can have the recipe. Keep an eye out for it! They are so good!

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG. I must have the recipe for the pancakes. MUST!!!

gift

Quoting armyvet06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)