Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas Breakfast??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have always been a Christmas Dinner family, and it's usually done by 1. Since we're in the kitchen, and the oven and stove top are in use, we rarely have the space to make a big breakfast.

What does your family do? In the past, we've made cinnamon rolls, and just had cereal. This year, I would like to do something more, and maybe push dinner back to 3.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (51-60):
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Bisquits and gravy(in a crock pot). Fresh fruit. Juice and coffee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM
I agree with this. There are recipes for things like this for crock pots if you have one op. since your oven and stove are in use, use the crock pot. It can be set up the night before and be ready in the morning when you're ready to eat.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Some type of breakfast casserole and assorted pastries is usually what we have.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sweetness88
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM

We normally just do whatever since we are getting ready for family to arrive. However, this year I told dh I wanted to have a big breakfast after opening presents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what we do also! We stay at my mom's Christmas eve night, the kids wake up and open their gifts. Then my family comes over and we just spend time cooking and playing with the new toys lol

Quoting kenziesmomma228:

We always have a big christmas breakfast with the works! We would have christmas dinner on christmas eve and its nothing like thanksgiving but its a little special. the best is breakfast. after the children have opened their gifts and are playing away the moms (and some dads) go in the kitchen and prepare breakfast!

md_1015
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM
We go to fil house and he makes waffles.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM
This year I am doing overnight French toast. All you have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven. It is really tasty--I don't even put syrup on it!
Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM
We do pancakes, eggs and bacon

Last year I make choc chip and peppermint ones, along with plain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM
We are not having dinner this year. I decided to make a big breakfast and be done with itsince we are not going anywhere and df has to work
melissam78
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM
I do the same thing,cinnamon rolls,fruit,just small finger foods that don't take up the whole morning,space or time cooking.I may do a large brunch for Christmas Eve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kanooch1011
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I have a small plug in griddle so when the stove is in use, I use that to make scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon and either biscuits (if there is room in the oven) or toast, along with freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee (sometimes a Christmas flavor) and condiments (jam, cream cheese, honey, and syrup). 

I do this everytime we are home for Christmas and try to make it a little fun tradition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN