Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas Breakfast??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have always been a Christmas Dinner family, and it's usually done by 1. Since we're in the kitchen, and the oven and stove top are in use, we rarely have the space to make a big breakfast.

What does your family do? In the past, we've made cinnamon rolls, and just had cereal. This year, I would like to do something more, and maybe push dinner back to 3.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (91-100):
wineisfine
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM

We do biscuits and gravy, with eggs and turkey bacon.

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM
We are doing a yummy French toast bake I found on pinterest! I'll post it if ya want! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM
We do breakfast casserole and Belgium waffles with hot chocolate and sausage balls.
SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM

We will be at my sister's house for Christmas this year. We already talked about making the kids pancakes and heating up tamales for the adults. Yummy!

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I have always done a big Xmas breakfast after the presents are open... eggs bacon sausage pancakes... or whatever. And it's my tradition I make lasagna for Xmas dinner at normal dinner time like my mommy used to. It's just me and my kids so I don't have to worry about anyone else's traditions Lmfao
tinkerbelle18
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Cookies and hot chocolate. Its a christmas morning treat that my kids love because its the only time they get to eat sugary things for breakfast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Buttermilk biscuits, sausage gravy, fried eggs, sliced tomato,  and orange juice.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Peaches and cream french toast. It's a casserole type thing you put together the night before, then in the morning just pop it in the oven. Also bacon!

jg21410
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Scrambled eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, coffee, and orange juice.
SavannaGirl88
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM

As a child there was nothing more I hated than having Christmas morning, then having to clean everything up so we could have a big Christmas and have everyone over. I just wanted a day to play with everything I had gotten. So, when I became a mom, I changed the traditions of the family (I'm the first one to have kids). We now have our big family dinner in the late afternoon on Christmas Eve. We still see everyone and throughly enjoy everyones company. Then the next morning there is no rush, and the little ones can enjoy the day and their toys. On Christmas morning we have a Christmas Breakfast and I tend to go a little overboard with it, then for lunch, leftovers!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)