Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please help me!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter is turning one o theeleventh. She is super clingy. Because of this, we co sleep and i nurse on demand all night long to ge some sleep.

Im pregnant, about twelve weeks to be exact, and nothing with her has changed at all. Suddenly, she only sleeps for two to four hours ata time and is super whiney the rest the time. In that two to four hours, she will nurse two to four times.

I need some sleep. She wont allow anyone else to comfort her. I have no clue what to do. I feel like i am losing my mind. 

Please help me.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
marihla
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I'm sorry. Bump.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM

1) check for teeth

2) 2 to four hours for nap or do you mean at night?  nap that is damn good, at night that is damn bad

3) growth spurt?

4) ROUTINE, ROUTINE, ROUTINE--make sure you have a set nap and bedtime routine

5) Try infant massage with lavender lotion--start at the feet and rub towards the heart

6) Give her something you have worn all day so she has Mommy scent for comfort

7) Co-sleep in bed with you?  Try getting a playpen and make it into a bed and try putting that next to your bed versus her in bed with you to wean her away from you since the baby will be coming eventually unless you plan on doing a family bed.

8) White noise--standing fan and/or soft classical lullabye music (My Pal Scout has lullabye music on timer) will buffer outside sounds and the standing fan reduces the risk of Sids by circulating the air.

9) How many naps does she take in the day? Should only be sleeping about 14 hours with 11 at night double-check at http://www.babycenter.com/ (really good website for various issues)

10) Ever tried pumping so someone else can help with the feedings?  Your milk supply may be lessening, so maybe try FENUGREEK (can get at Vitamin stores such as Vitamin Shoppe or GNC) which will help increase it and you can bank your milk so you dont have 2 babies going at once on your boobs.

11) Try to teach some independence in the daytime so she is more comfortable to be away from you.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

1) check for teeth

She has eight teeth, and no more are coming in.

2) 2 to four hours for nap or do you mean at night?  nap that is damn good, at night that is damn bad

At night and at nap. One to two hour naps, two to four at night.

3) growth spurt?

I dont think. Shes never done this during one.

4) ROUTINE, ROUTINE, ROUTINE--make sure you have a set nap and bedtime routine

We do.

5) Try infant massage with lavender lotion--start at the feet and rub towards the heart

We use lavender oil in the bath and on pulse points. Ill try massage, but she is squirmy and oesnt like laying at all.

6) Give her something you have worn all day so she has Mommy scent for comfort

Hell, me being there should be enough, right?

7) Co-sleep in bed with you?  Try getting a playpen and make it into a bed and try putting that next to your bed versus her in bed with you to wean her away from you since the baby will be coming eventually unless you plan on doing a family bed.

Yes, in bed with me. I dont want to change anytng right now, just get her to sleep. She will not sleep anywhere but in my arms or beside me. Never has.

8) White noise--standing fan and/or soft classical lullabye music (My Pal Scout has lullabye music on timer) will buffer outside sounds and the standing fan reduces the risk of Sids by circulating the air.

We have a box fan in the room, but music or lights wakes her and me.

9) How many naps does she take in the day? Should only be sleeping about 14 hours with 11 at night double-check at http://www.babycenter.com/ (really good website for various issues)

Usually two naps- one in early afternoon, one in early evening after bath. Tried skipping evening nap and got the same results.

10) Ever tried pumping so someone else can help with the feedings?  Your milk supply may be lessening, so maybe try FENUGREEK (can get at Vitamin stores such as Vitamin Shoppe or GNC) which will help increase it and you can bank your milk so you dont have 2 babies going at once on your boobs.

I want to wean her soon. I have no pump output.none. My supply is fine. In fact, i get engorged a lot. Just cant pump because i havent since she was about three months.

11) Try to teach some independence in the daytime so she is more comfortable to be away from you.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)