Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the postmans baby

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM
  • 13 Replies

so i had a beautiful baby girl last week. as part of the back ground it is important to know my husband is mexican (with spanish interwined) there are a couple cousins and his grandpa who have white skin and blue eyes. i am half black half white. our son came out with light brown skin and dark hair dark eyes. well our new daughter has very fair skin and red hair. dont get me wrong she look a lot like my son just more light. well everyone has teased me that she is the mailmans baby. i really dont like it when they say this i have been completely faithful.... idk am i being too sensitive? how can i get people to stop the teasing

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:43 AM
3 moms liked this
So punch them in the throat.
Schleetle
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Tell them that the jokes hurt your feelings, they probably don't realize it's upsetting you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Get a DNA test or grow a pair a tell them to stfu
areyouatroll
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Lol unless they are serious. Depends on your relationship with these people prior...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:46 AM

theres really no way to stop people completely from teasing but you can tell them nicely that it bothers you. You don't have to give them the full story about the child's background and you don't have to be nasty about it but be honest

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My family did that to me except it was the milkman. It was not funny to me! They would even say it in front of my daughter (referring to her brother). I put a stop to it quick! If you don't like it speak up.
doulala
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Tell them right up front that that is hurtful.

katiehopson
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:50 AM

It's a joke... They don't actually thing you're a cheating whore. Come on now... 

mama_2_jasper
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:52 AM
You are being too sensitive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Is punching them in the throat out of the question?  

How about you freak them out instead?  You can start to look scared, pull them aside and ask them if they'll keep your secret...You were raped by Ronald McDonald; Or thell them that you recently found out that you aren't half white after all; you're half leprachaun.  That makes the baby a quarter leprachaun and she has to spend the month of march in Ireland with the Little Folk.  Swear them to secrecy.  If the Little Folk find out you've told anyone that they are real, they will steal away they baby and replace her with a turnip (leprachauns love turnips.)  make up a new story for each asshole.

Or go scientific and print out flyers that give a grade school level explanation of genetics.

Or have this made into a tee shirt:

Remind them that you just passed a human being thru your vagina and are riddled with hormones.  teasing you makes them dickwads.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)