Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our society is doomed. this is just disgraceful.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When a man was pushed onto the subway tracks, instead of helping the man ( who was trying to climb out) as a train approached a new York post photographer snapped pictures instead of grabbing his arm and pulling him out.
The man died when the train hit him. The post then put that picture on the front page.

The photographer says he took the pictures in the hopes the driver would stop.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM

he's a photographer..... maybe his camera has a high burst rate..... i can take 10 pictures a second on my old DSLR

Quoting Steph1499:

I did see the original story today but he took 49 pics, i believe, so if he had time to do that then I believe he had time to at least try to help and so did other people.  I find it sad that no one helped.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Op didn't post the whole story. The photographer had no time to reach the individual and there were people closer to the victim who didn't help at all

Quoting Steph1499:

Really?? That man has no soul.  I hope they take his pics away and he gets into some trouble. 

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

A few disgraceful people don't speak for humanity in general. This is just a warning that people have got to change, start using their hearts instead of thinking about only themselves. Look at all of the positive things that have happen. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM

thats exactly what this world is coming to, someone needs help and people just look past them

GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
This.

Quoting danie24:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't help him out.

I'd be too afriad he'd accidentally pull me in with him.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Can someone please post a link?!
T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not risking my life for ANYONE but my kids. I have been on subway platforms here in NYC HUNDREDSOF TIMES. I have seen people getting robbed, attacked, too numerous to count and ya know what? I mind my business because I don't want to become a victim. Everybody is so quick to judge but what if YOU bent over to help and got shoved? Then what? Give me a fucking break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM

society is so fucked up!!

but it has been for awhile

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Very realistic fear. I won't help someone either if I felt my own life were in danger.

Quoting grace1973:

An EXTREMELY realistic thing to fear too! 

Quoting danie24:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't help him out.

I'd be too afriad he'd accidentally pull me in with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM
He wasn't close enough to grab him. He snapped pictures while sprinting toward the guy, hoping the flash would make the driver stop.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM
He flashed the train over and over. The other pics, the ones that were like all over the place, were posted on some blog this morning, let me see if I can find the link
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured