Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our society is doomed. this is just disgraceful.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When a man was pushed onto the subway tracks, instead of helping the man ( who was trying to climb out) as a train approached a new York post photographer snapped pictures instead of grabbing his arm and pulling him out.
The man died when the train hit him. The post then put that picture on the front page.

The photographer says he took the pictures in the hopes the driver would stop.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Replies (191-200):
jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM
In the pics there are people closer to the man then the photographer was that could have more easily help the man. I ain't sayin the photog shouldn't have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Thats so sad. I cant believe he just stood there and took pictures...poor guy

SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I didn't read that. I read he walked away. I just saw this recent article.

Quoting owl0210:

The man who pushed him didn't flee. He admitted to police that he stood on the platform and watched him die. 

slightlyperfect

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting danie24:

Quoting amandae21:

Isn't there some sort of law about stuff like this?

I can't imagine there is a law out there saying you have to help someone by putting your own life at risk.

I am not aware of any law like that. Mabye no one ever thought we would ever NEED such a law.

Sami....
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM
I can't find the story with the picture on the website. But here's a link about what happened for those asking for it:

http://nypost.com/p/news/local/police_track_down_killer_C7VPhgEN9g9wqdUtanTGxJ

A homeless drifter was arrested and charged this morning for allegedly tossing a Queens dad onto a Times Square subway track, where he was fatally crushed by a Q train, law-enforcement sources told The Post.
Naeem Davis, 30, confessed yesterday while being grilled in the grisly death of Ki Suk Han, 58, who was struck in front of horrified onlookers Monday after trying desperately to scramble back to the platform.
Davis told police that he “stayed and watched” as the train hit Han, a law-enforcement source said.
He was charged with murder in the second degree and depraved indifference.
“He said he heard his torso snap and he knew he was dead.”
Davis showed no remorse for causing Han’s death, another source said.
Davis — who has worked at the Pax eatery in Times Square and gets paid to help street vendors haul their tables to local garages — was picked up at about 1:30 p.m. yesterday near 50th Street and Seventh Avenue after a transit police captain on a coffee break recognized him.
The suspect, who has eight prior arrests in the city and a lengthy rap sheet in Pennsylvania, told cops he and Han “bumped into each and started arguing before getting to the turnstiles” and then “continued the confrontation” on the platform, sources said.
“He said the victim was harassing him and that he pushed him onto the tracks,” a source said.
“I begged him to leave me alone, and he wouldn’t,” Davis allegedly told police. “He wouldn’t stay away, and I pushed him.”
Davis is expected to be put through multiple lineups today at the Midtown North Precinct station house, sources said. Witnesses are still arriving at the precinct.
Han, a Korean immigrant who lived with his wife and teenage daughter in Elmhurst, had been headed to pick up a Korean passport when he crossed paths with his killer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Celtic_Dragon
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM

He was just trying to make a living. It's amazing how powerful the dollar really is.

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM

That's sad....his career is really that important? Sick idiot! I hope he gets fired.

Amoong
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually he stated he was too far to have done any good and had snapped pictures as most do.. We do not yell at a photographer embedded with the military who do not help.. 

Honestly it comes down to a you never know what you would do in that situation. Not to mention if anyone saw a pic of the photog he was not exactly in good physical shape

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM

He should be arrested the bastard 

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM

As a photographer myself, and by looking at the photograph, there is no way the photographer could have gotten to that man in time. Have any of you been in a subway? The trains move fast coming into the station and leaving the station. It sucks, but there were other people there too. And many many years ago there was a photographer named Russell Sorgi that took photos as a woman jumped off of a building. He didn't run under her to catch her. He took numerous photographs of her descent.

Was he ridiculed? No... He wasn't. He was even published in Life magazine.

http://pichaus.com/history-photographie-vintage-1942-@c17e91bf9c18353f353f0295f5dc781a/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured