Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

our society is doomed. this is just disgraceful.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When a man was pushed onto the subway tracks, instead of helping the man ( who was trying to climb out) as a train approached a new York post photographer snapped pictures instead of grabbing his arm and pulling him out.
The man died when the train hit him. The post then put that picture on the front page.

The photographer says he took the pictures in the hopes the driver would stop.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Replies (211-220):
pregomom468
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM

i bet he will feel guilty for the rest of his life

melschlegs
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:48 AM

It seems suspect.  If you've seen the photo, you'll realize that the quality of the picture is extremely good, so one of two things had to have happened.

1.) The photographer was close enough that he could have easily reached him and pulled him out.

or

2.) He took the time to zoom in and focus as he was "signalling the conductor".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Seriously?!  Ugh...

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:30 AM

What I find more appauling that the fact that the photographer didn't nothing to to help that poor man, was that noone did anything to try to help him.  I am sure there were more people on that platform besides the photographer.  I don't get why people just stand around and do nothing when they see someone else in trouble. 

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:38 AM
Yup. He made money off of this man's death. And I'm sure he knew damn well that he was going to get big bucks for that picture, so that was probably the only reason he took it.

Quoting Anonymous:

That may be true but he submitted his pictures and they were front page news. That is what makes him heartless ..

Quoting smenjivar:

The photographer said he was on assignment and that he wasn't close to the victim. He said there were others closer that could have gotten to that poor man. He also said there were people there with cell phones taking pictures and video as well.

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

I saw that this morning. I told my friend that I'm losing faith in humanity.

They said the subway was packed but no one helped. They just stood there and watched this man die and bad enough a guy took a picture of it. How is taking a picture going to stop the train? The driver probably just thought (if he saw the picture being taken) "Oh, someone is taking a picture."

The photographer gave that photo the the NY post and I'm sure he was paid for it. 

Can you imagine how the victim's family feels right now?

Fucking disgusting.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:41 AM
How is taking a picture warning the driver? Can you imagine how many times a week that driver sees a flash go off? NYC is one of the biggest tourist cities in the world, and people take pictures in the subways all the time.

Quoting AshandJax:

Why is everyone bashing the photog when there were other people there too? No one is bashing them?

The photog did more than they did, at least he tried to warn the driver. The others just stood there.... And who could blame them, they were paralyzed with  shock.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Yeah, I'm not so much pissed that he didn't help. I'm mainly disgusted that he is profiting from this man's death.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting CutieCrab:

What. The. F*ck. Proof, people suck!! He 'hoped' the train would stop? What an idiot! A soulless idiot!!

Keep in mind, this was a busy subway platform. Many, many people where there. Nobody did anything, not just this guy.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Whether or not he helped isn't the issue. It's the fact that he stood around taking pictures, which ended up on the front page of the newspaper (and probably lined his pockets quite a bit). How is it acceptable that this photographer profited off another man's death?

Quoting LStambaugh:

From what I read, the whole thing happened so quickly that no witnesses were able to help him in time.  Lets not forget that the photographer was not the one who PUSHED this poor man onto the tracks.  I think its sad that so much blame has been placed on him for the death of the victim. 

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:04 AM

what a fucking piece of shit

prieta05
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Theres Some people that could be dying and people wont care especially in NY. People act this days like they are tp good or don't have time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN