Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

our society is doomed. this is just disgraceful.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When a man was pushed onto the subway tracks, instead of helping the man ( who was trying to climb out) as a train approached a new York post photographer snapped pictures instead of grabbing his arm and pulling him out.
The man died when the train hit him. The post then put that picture on the front page.

The photographer says he took the pictures in the hopes the driver would stop.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Why? People should have the right to take pictures of whatever they want in a public place.

Some of the most famous photos are tragic.

If he snapped a picture while someone was pulling him to safety you would all think the photo is beautiful and wouldn't be saying he shouldn't be allowed to take pictures.

I'm not saying what he did was moral, but we can't force our morals onto other people.

Quoting Anonymous:

There should be a law about snapping pictures of the situation. That is what is sickening about the whole thing.

Quoting danie24:

Quoting amandae21:

Isn't there some sort of law about stuff like this?

I can't imagine there is a law out there saying you have to help someone by putting your own life at risk.

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM
A clickable link please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM
That's the problem. Morals? Not many have good morals anymore.
I'm sure that mans family doesn't like seeing the picture of their loved ones staring at a oncoming train ..I'm sure the conductor doesn't want to relive that over and over.

Quoting danie24:

Why? People should have the right to take pictures of whatever they want in a public place.

If he snapped a picture while someone was pulling him to safety you would all think the photo is beautiful and wouldn't be saying he shouldn't be allowed to take pictures.

I'm not saying what he did was moral, but we can't force our morals onto other people.

Quoting Anonymous:

There should be a law about snapping pictures of the situation. That is what is sickening about the whole thing.

Quoting danie24:

Quoting amandae21:

I can't imagine there is a law out there saying you have to help someone by putting your own life at risk.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM

He could have been pulled onto the tracks if he wasn't strong enough to pull buddy out. Or the crazy man who pushed the guy in could have pushed him in, too, because he was trying to help him out. Or the train was coming so fast maybe he didn't think he'd have time to run over there and help.

Who knows what people think in these situations. Maybe you wouldn't think about your strength and would just walk over there and try to help the guy. I wouldn't have, though. I would be too afriad I'd be pulled onto the tracks, too and we would both be killed.

Quoting amandae21:

He would've been endangering his life by giving the guy a hand?

I thought I remembered something from a few years ago where someone basically just watched another person die when they could've helped... I thought they got in trouble for it. Maybe just sued. IDK...

Quoting danie24:

Quoting amandae21:

night.magic
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
He may have been standing at a farther distance and could not reach the guy in time? Ya know, cameras now days with their high power zoom and all.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Of course not. It's horrific. Who would want to see a photo like that of their loved one?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's the problem. Morals? Not many have good morals anymore.
I'm sure that mans family doesn't like seeing the picture of their loved ones staring at a oncoming train ..I'm sure the conductor doesn't want to relive that over and over.

Quoting danie24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting danie24:

Quoting amandae21:

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw that this morning. I told my friend that I'm losing faith in humanity.

They said the subway was packed but no one helped. They just stood there and watched this man die and bad enough a guy took a picture of it. How is taking a picture going to stop the train? The driver probably just thought (if he saw the picture being taken) "Oh, someone is taking a picture."

The photographer gave that photo the the NY post and I'm sure he was paid for it. 

Can you imagine how the victim's family feels right now?

Fucking disgusting.  

night.magic
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM

At least if he wasn't close enough to try and keep the guy from falling he could get a pix of the man that pushed him. "Evidence"

smenjivar
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM
It's on the Today Show

Quoting .MommyEast.:

LINK?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Gosh, not sure I would be telling people how damned heartless I am...and cowardly.

Quoting danie24:

He could have been pulled onto the tracks if he wasn't strong enough to pull buddy out. Or the crazy man who pushed the guy in could have pushed him in, too, because he was trying to help him out. Or the train was coming so fast maybe he didn't think he'd have time to run over there and help.

Who knows what people think in these situations. Maybe you wouldn't think about your strength and would just walk over there and try to help the guy. I wouldn't have, though. I would be too afriad I'd be pulled onto the tracks, too and we would both be killed.

Quoting amandae21:

He would've been endangering his life by giving the guy a hand?

I thought I remembered something from a few years ago where someone basically just watched another person die when they could've helped... I thought they got in trouble for it. Maybe just sued. IDK...

Quoting danie24:

Quoting amandae21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN