Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

obama rejects republican deal on fiscal cliff

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Says he will not approve any deal without higher taxes on 250k or higher earners. Repubs say they wont raise taxes on anyone.

If this thing is not fixed. Taxes raise. Social security amounts taken out the check raises. And many other things will be effected: headstart,foodstamps. Going over the fiscal cliff has the potential to put us in a horrible recession.

Agreement and compromise. I don't know why this is so hard for them.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (121-130):
Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

A bank who does that is breaking the law but since you seem completely deluded and irrational I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call your bank, ask to remove all your money, they will tell you there is a hold on it for 5 days. Why? Because it is tied up in stock and they have to get it. you will be able to get some out, but not all. 

And seriously if you as a middle class income can't do without a 100 increase, you need a budgeting class BAD~!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao.

Well my bank account says its there. I budget it. So yes its there.

And sorry. I know a lot about this. A lot. I'm not dumb enough to really believe no one will miss out on 100 dollars they budget for. Idk about you but every penny in my house is accounted for. Never said it would bankrupt us but it will make us rearrange shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is make believe on paper money. Seriously it is a number placed on your check, do you actually hold the cash before giving it back to the govt no! I know more than you will ever understand, I have gone from being a homeless single mom to where I am today with hard work. Not waiting on someone else to take care of me. Cash and value doesn't matter on paper, it matters when it is IN your hands physically. Even money in the bank doesn't matter until it is in your hands. That was the problem in the Great depression, when the banks collasped so did all that money people had in the banks, why because it was written that they had that money when there was nothing backing it up. So what if an extra $100 will be gone, it wasn't in my hands to begin with so it really didn't exist 

Quoting Anonymous:

Make believe money??

This isn't just a tax time thing

Your monthly paychecks will be affected.

100 gone a month is a huge chunk of change and since I cash that check every week I can assure you that money is very real.

I'm shocked at how little some of you know about this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently I can manage just fine on 35k a year for a family of 6, if you will go bankrupt on an extra 100 a month of make believe money you never see until the end of the year in the first place then you( general ) would need to learn to budget. Of course Congress and the President are using scare tactics, they want to make the other party look bad for 2014 mid term elections. Instead of campaigning and taking Christmas off they should be there working for their 200k year salary to get something passed, and taxing the rich we have done that before and are still in the same problem, OVER SPENDING. If we tax the rich they WILL move overseas, then where is that extra money they are counting on? That is like making 20k a year, expecting a raise from your employeer and doing a huge spending spree. You cut out expenses while hoping for a raise, not SPEND more. 

The rest of my rant is that people are taking more than they ever placed in, that IS the problem. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you even understand the fiscal cliff? Most people still rely on that nearly 100 dollars a month. You know rising utility, food and gas prices.

This will put us back into a recession. even those in Congress and the president admit to how they need to keep us from going over.

Idk about you but idk many people who use 100 of their paychecks to buy TVs.

And the rest of your rant made no sense.and I don't know why you're saying you. I don't get foodstamps or Eic.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what, instead of running out getting a new game or big screen tv you'll have to learn to live within your means. It will just come out of your EIC at the end of the yr. We need this, it is the only way to get our country back, but I guess you'd rather place this burden on the future. As for the bum hippy, anti govt elderly, instead of burning flags, throwing poop at troops and living on woodstock, they should've been contributing to the country in jobs. They will pull more than they ever placed into the system. Retirement age should be extended on them immediately, up to 85 yrs old. They are far from the great generation, they are the worst generation.

Quoting Anonymous:

This wont just affect those on foodstamps.

Your taxes will go up. Almost 100 more a month gone. 100 more a month you're use to.

The elderly who depend on Medicare. Well Medicare will see cuts so that affects them

This effects everyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

People need to stop believing everything they read and learn to stand on their own two feet. The prices changed that much and no one needs 10k + on tax rebates and 1200 in monthly fs, I feed 6 on 300 a month, and live fine off 35k a yr.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then everything Americans have to buy need to revert back to 90s prices. Economists have said it will put us in a recession.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what, the suggestion of going back to the 1990's spending and taxes across the board won't kill the US. Maybe we will prosper again as we did during the 90's. But so many can't give up their hand outs.

rockinmomnwife
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I heard that he was going to take away everyone's 401k and replace them with extra money for social security which I heard was not a lot. Has anyone heard this? I sure the hell hope not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM

The Republicans havent exactly made it easy for Mr. Obama to make good on the things that would actually benefit all Americans these past 4 years.

rockinmomnwife
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I have been budgeting for years and I have to budget to make it so 100 dollars IS a big deal for me. Even 50 bucks would be a big deal for my family right now. My husband is in college and we are barely scraping by.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently I can manage just fine on 35k a year for a family of 6, if you will go bankrupt on an extra 100 a month of make believe money you never see until the end of the year in the first place then you( general ) would need to learn to budget. Of course Congress and the President are using scare tactics, they want to make the other party look bad for 2014 mid term elections. Instead of campaigning and taking Christmas off they should be there working for their 200k year salary to get something passed, and taxing the rich we have done that before and are still in the same problem, OVER SPENDING. If we tax the rich they WILL move overseas, then where is that extra money they are counting on? That is like making 20k a year, expecting a raise from your employeer and doing a huge spending spree. You cut out expenses while hoping for a raise, not SPEND more. 

The rest of my rant is that people are taking more than they ever placed in, that IS the problem. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you even understand the fiscal cliff? Most people still rely on that nearly 100 dollars a month. You know rising utility, food and gas prices.

This will put us back into a recession. even those in Congress and the president admit to how they need to keep us from going over.

And the rest of your rant made no sense.and I don't know why you're saying you. I don't get foodstamps or Eic.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what, instead of running out getting a new game or big screen tv you'll have to learn to live within your means. It will just come out of your EIC at the end of the yr. We need this, it is the only way to get our country back, but I guess you'd rather place this burden on the future. As for the bum hippy, anti govt elderly, instead of burning flags, throwing poop at troops and living on woodstock, they should've been contributing to the country in jobs. They will pull more than they ever placed into the system. Retirement age should be extended on them immediately, up to 85 yrs old. They are far from the great generation, they are the worst generation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your taxes will go up. Almost 100 more a month gone. 100 more a month you're use to.

The elderly who depend on Medicare. Well Medicare will see cuts so that affects them

This effects everyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

People need to stop believing everything they read and learn to stand on their own two feet. The prices changed that much and no one needs 10k + on tax rebates and 1200 in monthly fs, I feed 6 on 300 a month, and live fine off 35k a yr.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then everything Americans have to buy need to revert back to 90s prices. Economists have said it will put us in a recession.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what, the suggestion of going back to the 1990's spending and taxes across the board won't kill the US. Maybe we will prosper again as we did during the 90's. But so many can't give up their hand outs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I have less of a problem paying benefits to the 65 an over crowd than I do for the 16-64 year old crowd.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM
There is always something you can cut, maybe go pt instead of ft college. I did it as a single mom, and I'm sure your family will manage just fine. Buy generic, put off getting a brand new car, stop using credit cards. We make our own situations, we either deal with it or change it. Bottom line everyone should pay more, stop placing the debt in the kids.

Quoting rockinmomnwife:

I have been budgeting for years and I have to budget to make it so 100 dollars IS a big deal for me. Even 50 bucks would be a big deal for my family right now. My husband is in college and we are barely scraping by.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

This effects everyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

miss_lisa
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Republicans didn't even like their counteroffer.

I agree with Obama on the increased taxes, I disagree with his wanting to spend $200B more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomnwife
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We do make a lot of cuts trust me :) We bought a used car last year so we could pay it off quickly and we did. We live in a small house because the rent is really cheap. We do not use credit cards (dave ramsey!!). We buy generic for almost everything. I make my own laundry detergent, cleaners, etc so we can save money. 
As far as college goes, my husband has to go full time so his military benefits will pay BUT we have yet to get them which is why we have been so broke. Our Christmas is going to be bad this year! 

Quoting Anonymous:

There is always something you can cut, maybe go pt instead of ft college. I did it as a single mom, and I'm sure your family will manage just fine. Buy generic, put off getting a brand new car, stop using credit cards. We make our own situations, we either deal with it or change it. Bottom line everyone should pay more, stop placing the debt in the kids.

Quoting rockinmomnwife:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Don't blame, I didn't vote for Obama.
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

How about ending Corporate Welfare? Flat Tax? This is what happens when life-long politicians/businessmen are given free-rein over "We The People".   :( 

I don't see anything good coming out of this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)