Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

obama rejects republican deal on fiscal cliff

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Says he will not approve any deal without higher taxes on 250k or higher earners. Repubs say they wont raise taxes on anyone.

If this thing is not fixed. Taxes raise. Social security amounts taken out the check raises. And many other things will be effected: headstart,foodstamps. Going over the fiscal cliff has the potential to put us in a horrible recession.

Agreement and compromise. I don't know why this is so hard for them.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (151-160):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:59 AM

And the disabled.

I am on medicare, I'm 25.

It is not a bucket of peaches now.. i cant fathom it getting worse.

Theres no dental, no vision, no hearing care, medication donut holes that are OBSCENE, copays that are on par with private insurance, and they out source 90% of their shit to private insurers who are no doubt ripping tax payers off.

If they could curtail fraud in Medicare alone, they would save like 800 BILLION a year.

Medicaid I'm sure is close to that. I hear about medicaid fraud arrests every day, but rarely medicare.

The elderly and disabled who CANT afford supplement insurance have no recourse or resource. You get minimal benefits and cant buy in to better ones because of federal laws.

It sucks.

Apparently elderly and disabled people (including children) dont need to see eat or hear.

I just dont know what else they can cut.

Quoting Anonymous:

This wont just affect those on foodstamps.

Your taxes will go up. Almost 100 more a month gone. 100 more a month you're use to.
The elderly who depend on Medicare. Well Medicare will see cuts so that affects them

This effects everyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

People need to stop believing everything they read and learn to stand on their own two feet. The prices changed that much and no one needs 10k + on tax rebates and 1200 in monthly fs, I feed 6 on 300 a month, and live fine off 35k a yr.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then everything Americans have to buy need to revert back to 90s prices. Economists have said it will put us in a recession.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what, the suggestion of going back to the 1990's spending and taxes across the board won't kill the US. Maybe we will prosper again as we did during the 90's. But so many can't give up their hand outs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Didn't like and refusing to budge are two different things lady

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol you're clueless. Most Republicans didn't even like the counteroffer Boehner made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad we don't have a president that works with everyone...thanks to all who voted for the idiot

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I do not get it either.Obama won so that means most Americans want lowered taxes for those making under $250,000 a year.The rich have been getting a tax break under Bush for years that is about to expire.Obama has already made alot of cuts in entitlement programs.There isnt anything left to cut but the programs completely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM
He's not refusing to budget.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol you're clueless. Most Republicans didn't even like the counteroffer Boehner made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad we don't have a president that works with everyone...thanks to all who voted for the idiot

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Its his way or no way

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Here, let me explain to you how this works. Obama and his staff put together a budget and gave it to Republicans. Rep. Boehner, who is the current Speaker of the House, put together a counteroffer on the budget. This counteroffer was so terrible that even Republicans didn't support it. It would be illogical and ridiculous to think Obama would have agreed to it. It is not "his way or no way". In fact, just a year ago when we were going through the same exact thing he compromised with Republicans. He was again trying to raise taxes on those who make over $250,000 but Republicans would not allow the tax cuts to go through unless they applied to the wealthy as well. So he did it. Based on history or facts, it appears that you are utterly clueless.

And just to be clear, I didn't vote for Obama and I don't entirely support his budget proposal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its his way or no way

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM

1 - Because raising taxes on anyone in a recession is insanely bad economic policy- assuming you want to avoid a new or deeper recession than the one we are IN 

2- Because obama's obsession with "taxing the rich" is ideology, not economic policy

3- Milking the rich for $80- $160 BILLION  more a year won't produce enough extra revenue to even be a rounding error on the $16 TRILLION debt.  But it sure as hell takes $80-$160 Billion out of the hands of consumers and investors and business/jcreators and puts it into government hands. Where it will be gone in 8 days of insane spending,

4- It is doubtful obama even has offered a "deal". More like a "Do what I say because I I won"

5- Because purportedly obama "demands" delivered by Geithner forego any spending cuts until AFTER taxes are raised (when he will then "consider" cuts) and his demands also include a power grab by the executive office to unilaterally raise the  US debt ceiling with no debate or limits. This is a role of Congress precisely to make it a matter of public debate, and to  prevent a megalomaniac from singlehandedly destroying our credit rating and setting off wild inlflation with govt printing presses churning out money. We are not Zimbabwe. YET.. 

6 Because it is unlikely obama has offered any "deal". He has not met with anyone in the GOP (check his schedule) . He has met only with the left wing media and "progressive" like Al Sharpton to get them into organizing communities of nontaxpayers (47% of the public) against "the rich" and against govt spending cuts

7 Because another of obama's demand delivered by Geithner is for another $150 BILLION in "stimulus" (NEW SPENDING) to try to counteract the recession and joblessness that will be created by "taxing the rich". D. Oh.

No wonder Mitch McConnell laughed Butthead Geithner out of his office

Now, where do the "compromises" begin?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM

uh, you are incorrect on many points

go back to  July -August 2011. Read  recent history

Boehner and obama worked out a "deal". Boehner went back and arm twisted the GOP Congress into accepting an $800 BILLION tax increase.

Then when the Speaker came back to obama to tell him they were ready to sign, the snot nosed kid obama raised the tax increase demand to $1.3 TRILLON.

Boehner told him to stuff it. Who can  "negotiate" with someone like that?

This is not opinion. This entire saga is laid out in press reports from summer 2011. Go back and read them.

As parent of 2 teens I can see that barry obama seems to have an emotional age of 14 and a snot attitude to go with it.

Buckle up for the next 4 years. "If teenagers with attitude ran the world"

Oh and by the way, what you call an obama "budget" (White House rework of the GOP Congress budget)  was sent to Harry Reid and it was so bad EVERY Senator of every party  voted against it, and there it sits 

So for past 3 years we have had NO BUDGET.

Quoting Anonymous:

Here, let me explain to you how this works. Obama and his staff put together a budget and gave it to Republicans. Rep. Boehner, who is the current Speaker of the House, put together a counteroffer on the budget. This counteroffer was so terrible that even Republicans didn't support it. It would be illogical and ridiculous to think Obama would have agreed to it. It is not "his way or no way". In fact, just a year ago when we were going through the same exact thing he compromised with Republicans. He was again trying to raise taxes on those who make over $250,000 but Republicans would not allow the tax cuts to go through unless they applied to the wealthy as well. So he did it. Based on history or facts, it appears that you are utterly clueless.

And just to be clear, I didn't vote for Obama and I don't entirely support his budget proposal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its his way or no way

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM
And in December of that same year he extended Bush era tax cuts for the wealthy even though he didn't want to because Republicans would not allow any of the tax cuts to go through unless everyone got them.

Quoting Anonymous:

uh, you are incorrect on many points

go back to  July -August 2011. Read  recent history

Boehner and obama worked out a "deal". Boehner went back and arm twisted the GOP Congress into accepting an $800 BILLION tax increase.

Then when the Speaker came back to obama to tell him they were ready to sign, the snot nosed kid obama raised the tax increase demand to $1.3 TRILLON.

Boehner told him to stuff it. Who can  "negotiate" with someone like that?

This is not opinion. This entire saga is laid out in press reports from summer 2011. Go back and read them.

As parent of 2 teens I can see that barry obama seems to have an emotional age of 14 and a snot attitude to go with it.

Buckle up for the next 4 years. "If teenagers with attitude ran the world"

Oh and by the way, what you call an obama "budget" (White House rework of the GOP Congress budget)  was sent to Harry Reid and it was so bad EVERY Senator of every party  voted against it, and there it sits 

So for past 3 years we have had NO BUDGET.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Its his way or no way

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Obama won. Face it and gtf over it!! Lmao
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)