Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 week PP, I need diet ideas\help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I started the atkins diet (which I lost 6 pounds in 2 days) but then when I actually research it. You're not suppose to do the atkins while BFing. So I need advice as to how I can lose this weight but still eat what I need to eat so I can produce milk. Help anybody?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Forget dieting. Dieting doesnt work. You gotta chang your lifestyle. eating healthy, no processed foods,  take viatmins, lots of fruit and veggies and plenty of excercise! Thats what works! 

MamaTwinkleA
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
This! Plus if you are breastfeeding you need to make sure you are getting enough calories.

Quoting superm0m877:

Forget dieting. Dieting doesnt work. You gotta chang your lifestyle. eating healthy, no processed foods,  take viatmins, lots of fruit and veggies and plenty of excercise! Thats what works! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Weight Watchers. They have a program for nursing mothers. It's a great program because it forces you to pay attention to portion sizes and healthy choices. It's easier to transition to a long term lifestyle change.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Don't diet. I try to space out 5-6 meals that total 350-500 calories worth of foods and incorporate a healthy protein, some fat and complex carbohydrates. I also take my prenatal and an extra calcium supplement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Don't diet.
Change your lifestyle. You will lose weight slowly, but keep it off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nathans_mom407
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM

All this plus drink lots and lots of water.  It will help your milk supply and help you feel more full so you don't eat as much.

Quoting MamaTwinkleA:

This! Plus if you are breastfeeding you need to make sure you are getting enough calories.

Quoting superm0m877:

MountieMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Don't diet!! Baby needs those calories and fat.

I walked off my baby weight. I also wore HotPants by zaggora which worked wonderfully. By 6 months I had no fat left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM
So the Zaggora hot pants were a hit for you? How
Much weight did you lose?

Quoting MountieMama:

I walked off my baby weight. I also wore HotPants by zaggora which worked wonderfully. By 6 months I had no fat left.

MountieMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I lost everything I had gained and then some. Most was gone by 6 months. But I returned to work last week and had to get all my uniform pants taken IN.

Just have to use them! I used a discount code of LCARROLL1

Quoting Anonymous:

So the Zaggora hot pants were a hit for you? How

Much weight did you lose?

Quoting MountieMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured