Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F*** THE DR! IM DONE! update appt made

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Update 2 : 

I made an appointment today with a new rheumatologist. I go in a few weeks. We will see how this goes. wish me luck

update 1:    

EDIT: I have osteoarthritis and possibly fibromyalgia 

Also, i have some discs that are malformed but the doctor said those should not be causing any pain.

I think I will see a rheumatologist. I just called my PCP and asked for a referral. 

IM SICK OF LIVING IN PAIN EVERY DAY. DAY IN AND DAY OUT. IM MISERABLE. I have multiple medical conditions that cause chronic back and joint pain and I am just done. My dr. is undertreating the pain and refuses to write anything more to help with the pain. I am tired of following that dr.'s orders on how to take the pain medication. I have been more than compliant and patient for over two years trying to figure out what is going on and getting the meds straightened out. The dr. still will not write more medication and the amount I am on is a freaking joke. I take it in the AM just to get out of the f*cking bed and get my kid off to school in the morning. I get a couple of hours of pain relief, believe me I take advantage of this time because if I don't nothing will get done here. After that, all I do is live in misery. So, I have decided that instead of having a couple hours of pain relief each day, I will take the medication every 4-6 hours as needed instead of once daily. (it is not an extended release medication and it is usually written for 4-6 hrs even says on the bottle to take that way) I will run out after a week or two but I would rather have a week or two of my old life back than have a couple hours each day and then follow up with miserable pain. I'm going to hate myself when I run out, but DAMMIT IM SICK OF IT. My kids are suffering because I am MEAN when I am in such pain and when I am not mean I'm just laying on the couch shifting and squirming because I am hurting so bad. Mommy want to go to the park? Fuck no. I'm just gonna lay here and wish for death to come swiftly. but it never does. It never fucking does. Nope, not with what God has decided to punish me with. I'm just gonna wish for it but it will never come. I hate myself. I hate my body and I hate this life. My kids aren't happy and neither am I. I need to go to work but my god I know I can't make it through a shift without taking more medication. I went to a birthday party last weekend, I have paid for that ever since. I don't go to the park with the kids anymore, hell I don't even let them go outside anymore. (they are both under 5) I just can't chase after them and pick them up, or swing them, or anything. I certainly can't stand for long periods of time and I damn sure can't sit in a lawn chair. God help me. I just want out of this. 

Before you suggest I go to another doctor think about this, I have been seeking a diagnosis for this crap for at least 7 years. I finally got a diagnosis (at least for one thing, the other thing the dr. just keeps saying I have all but ONE of the symptoms needed for the diagnosis of) The main thing that has kept me with this doc is that I don't want to look like a druggie just looking for pain pills. I don't want to be one of those people who look like they are doctor shopping. I just want ONE doctor to go to. I want that ONE doctor to do their job and fix me. at this point I would be happy if they just put a damn epidural in for life and stick my ass in a wheelchair. Just numb it all from the neck down. I don't care. Just take away the pain. 

Oh yea, because it is cafemom I will say this: if you come in here and you have never lived with chronic pain or you think everyone is a  drug addict, just leave. Don't waste my time with your stupid snotty hateful remarks. your ignorant and I don't want to hear it. 

I'm going to take a lortab. 

If you live in pain and just want to bitch about it, comment below.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Then find a doctor who specializes in fibromyalgia.

I am sorry you are in pain. But just giving into it won't help. If this doctor won't, find one who can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dtristan78:

Have you been treated for fibromyaglia? I'm not sure what your conditions are but chronic pain and lower back pain could be fibro.

I have fibro and have 10 years and numerous doctors, ineas sent to Rhuemotologist and he's helping.

Good luck and I'm sorry you hurt so badly.

My doctor says that I don't have all the "points" for a fibromyalgia diagnosis. I am only missing two points. I actually do hurt there it's just not as bad as the others. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I have chronic pain and absolutely do not take narcotics.  Have you tried the anti-inflammatory route?  Doctors will write scripts for those all day long.  Just not narcotics.  If you think the only drugs that will help you are narcotics, then you are a junkie already and the doctor will eventually cut you off completely.  I take indomethicine.  It's an old school NSAID and it works for me for the most part.  No drug will be 100%.  And just masking the symptoms is stupid too.  Tell them you need a diagnosis and if this doctor isn't willing to make it, then ask HIM to refer you to a doctor who will because you don't want to just mask the symptoms.  You want a diagnosis so you can be treated and be better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Change your diet.

And i am confused on how the diagnosis you are trying so desperately to get, is going to make things better?!

I eat a very healthy diet. My problems are not diet related. 

I am also a healthy weight. My BMI is 21.

The diagnosis is necessary for treatment. You can't go in and say "oh Im hurting gimme meds". You have to have a diagnosis for them to justify writing something for the pain. 

bunnywzrd
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I hurt all the time. I am sorry you are going through this. My doctors won't give me anything either. I know you don't want to hear it but I do think you need another doctor. Switching doctors isn't a bad thing. Or get this doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist. I switched doctors and he has really tried to help me. He referred me to a rheumatologist and that is where I have received the most help.

Sorry you are in so much pain momma. I know how you feel. I get mean to my kids and husband and feel horrible about it later. Try seeing a rheumatologist. See what they can do for you.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I know all too well how you feel. I have had multiple back surgeries, finally. There was a point where I was begging my Doctor for pain medicine and he kept saying no. They treated me like a junkie. I was screaming crying at my dining room table because the pain was so horrific. I couldn't take 2 steps without screaming in pain. The next day I went in for emergency surgery. Oh boy did that Dr who denied me feel like an asshole.

I went to a pain management doc instead of an Ortho. He helped and gave me what I wanted. Have you tried a PM doctor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

My husband lives in chronic pain. I don't know how it feels first hand, but I have seen the days when I had to help him out of bed and to the bathroom, and days he would lay in bed in tears.

He finally found a good pain management Dr and is on a decent amount of pain meds.  However, he has had some problems with the meds as far as personality changes. 

We have seperated twice because he began abusing the meds and the extreme mood swings. He finally had to cone off the oxycontin. It makes him mean.

Do you see a pain management dr or a regular MD? If you aren't with pain management that would be a good idea for you as they tend to precribe more meds than a regular MD.

Good luck Mama, I hope you can find some relief

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

You should just start smoking weed... Seriously.  The meanness is probably from wanting more pain meds.  I have close family members who are addicted to pills and they are MEAN when they are coming down.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM
This is absolutely false. Way to accuse those who take pain medicine to be junkies though.

My problem was structural, no inflammation to treat. There are many conditions that only controlled or narcotics can treat the pain.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have chronic pain and absolutely do not take narcotics.  Have you tried the anti-inflammatory route?  Doctors will write scripts for those all day long.  Just not narcotics.  If you think the only drugs that will help you are narcotics, then you are a junkie already and the doctor will eventually cut you off completely.  I take indomethicine.  It's an old school NSAID and it works for me for the most part.  No drug will be 100%.  And just masking the symptoms is stupid too.  Tell them you need a diagnosis and if this doctor isn't willing to make it, then ask HIM to refer you to a doctor who will because you don't want to just mask the symptoms.  You want a diagnosis so you can be treated and be better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Is there any kind of physical therapy that would help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I'm sorry you are in so much pain. But for some reason I get this strange feeling that you need to lose weight... Sometimes drs won't give you more meds if you're not doing your part in managing your health,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN