Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That scared the crap out of me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I know I will probably get bashed for this....but until today there has never been a problem.

I have to leave 15 minutes before my dd catches the bus in the morning.  The bus pulls up in front of the house and she goes out to it.  I make sure she is ready to go before I leave the house.  Then she eats her breakfast and waits by the door for the bus.  When she sees the bus coming down the street she locks the door and walks out.  Well today I had a doctors appointment and I didn't take my phone in because I get no service there.  When I got out I had a voice mail from my daughter bawling her eyes out because she missed the bus (She's 10).  I called her cell phone and it went straight to Voice Mail.  I called the home phone and no answer.  I called the school and she was there.  Hopefully the neighbor gave her a ride but she isn't answering right now.  We live close enough for her to walk or ride but I don't like her doing that.  I really want to go up to the school and find out how she got there.  I am going to have to figure out a new system.  This one has worked all school year. Last year her dad didn't leave until she did...but he left.  Anyway that voice mail from my kiddo bawling her eyes out just made my heart sink.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvsHopesDreams
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

How old is she?

SAnders224
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM
She said she is 10 in her op

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

How old is she?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Yikes! Find out when she gets home... no need to disrupt her school day when it's the fault of your routine that this happened. Ya know? Just figure it out and adjust.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

How old is she?

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Not bashing but how lucky you are to have a bus that takes you child to school when it is close enough to walk!!! At 10 maybe walking/riding bike/etc... could be an option???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

glad eveything is fine. Around here kids can not even ride the school bus if they live so coles that they could walk. I think its still dangerosue for small kids but they dont care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yikes! Find out when she gets home... no need to disrupt her school day when it's the fault of your routine that this happened. Ya know? Just figure it out and adjust.

She called me a few minutes before the bus normally gets there.  Normally she calls once she is on the bus or texts me.  That is normally at 0655.  Today she called at 0653.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

How did she miss the bus? Just not watching? It all worked out in the end so no biggie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Not bashing but how lucky you are to have a bus that takes you child to school when it is close enough to walk!!! At 10 maybe walking/riding bike/etc... could be an option???

It is close enough to walk but it is across a major intersection with a ton of traffic.  A few years ago a child was hit...now the bus runs for anyone having to cross that intersection.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

How did she miss the bus? Just not watching? It all worked out in the end so no biggie.

I don't know.  She called me a few minutes earlier than normal.  She usually calls me when she is on the bus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN