Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Step Dads ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
In my opinion, are great men. Bio dads are great too for standing by their child and his or her mother. Sometimes though, a woman and a man who share a child cannot work things out (or the guy just blows off his kids) and she eventually finds a man that is so much better because he takes responsibility for something he doesn't have to. And vise versa for step moms!!:) Do your kids have a step dad? Feel free to add pics! I just think they should receive more credit. My pic will be in replies, we aren't married yet, but he is a better man than their own dad:)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Best Step Dad ever here, treats my children like his own. He made the choice to join our family when Ds was 6 &b dd was 1. We are blessed to have him.
Even bio Dad agrees our children are lucky to have such a great StepDad.
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My two babys knocked out after a long day playing. My df is the only papa my son knows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Yes they do. But my boys bio dad is also wonderful to them. They have it very good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

My step dad smacked me across the face for back talking to my mom. Then years later shoved me in to a wall. I have informed my mom that if he touches me again I will be pressing charges. No I don't like my step dad all that much!

momofmany86
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I agree. My daddy is really my stepdad. My kids only have their own father, but if we ever split up... their stepdad will be the best for them, or they won't have one. :)

km1970
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a picture, but my stepkids also had a good stepdad. He was in their lives for 10 years before their mom and him divorced. My stepson had a hard time when they broke up, because of the circumstances he never fully forgave his mom for it and moved in with us.  I remember him talking to dh and I about it. He really missed his stepdad. Both dh and I encouraged him to keep in contact with him. Which he has.

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

My step dad smacked me across the face for back talking to my mom. Then years later shoved me in to a wall. I have informed my mom that if he touches me again I will be pressing charges. No I don't like my step dad all that much!

okay so yours sucked but not all do. like some bio dads suck and not all do. it's all about the type of person they are.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

My SO is an awesome SD.

My SD wasn't.

crafteechic
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

He instantly took to my kids and they instantly took to him. They call him "Pops".  He's so good to them. :)

momofmany86
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

BTW, I'm a stepmom. The big kid in our family picture is my stepson. He's almost 13. If you didn't know he wasn't mine, you wouldn't even suspect it. All our kiddos look so much alike.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)