Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you quit?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Has someone quit smoking?

What helped?

I have my quit date

I am so scared and excited!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Quit at beginning of second trimester and never looked back, after smoking for 16 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I quit cold turkey. Simply finished a pack and never bought them again. It's hard some days but I remind myself of why and honestly, it's not that hard to quit. It'd all in your head. If you truly want to quit, you will. There's no magic trick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I quit over 14 years ago after smoking for about 5 years.

Tapering off to one or two a day really helped me.  Then going a step further and smoking less of those one or two also helped.

My biggest smoking place was the car, so I had to change my routine of "get in, hit the lighter, start car, fasten seatbelt, light smoke, drive" to "get in, start car, fasten seatbelt, tune radio to awesome song, drive".

It worked for me. 

That, and the incentive of getting pregnant.  I wanted to quit before we started trying to have a baby. 

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Kitschy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I quit smoking several times. lol When I was pregnant with my first though, I quit for good. I've been smoke free for almost 5 years now. I know I'll never smoke again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Cold turkey. It was awful for awile but it's better now. Been 6 months. I still want one every now and then , but it's no biggie. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I quit about 7 months ago. What helped me was having dh quit with me and be my support. We both quit cold turkey..it was rough for a few weeks but I am so glad we decided to quit!

Babujai
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I've quit several times...usually cold turkey.  The two hardest quits I did I used different methods.

1.  I kept a slip of paper in the plastic wrap of the cigarette pack.  Every Time I smoked I wrote on it how I was feeling.  Once I realized that I was mostly smoking due to boredom I was able to fill my time other ways.  I got this method from the Lung Association.

2.  I tapered off on the quality of cigarettes...going from full flavor to light to ultra light through progressively cheaper brands.  I started out smoking full flavor Newports and got down to ultra light GPCs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I quit each time I got pregnant and then started up again afterwards. My 3rd and final pregnancy I quit a month after finding out I was pregnant. I came down with an upper resp. infection which helped me quit because smoking made it worse. After I had my baby I just never picked up another cigarette.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN