Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tis the season to regift!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

has anyone ever regifted?  if so, were they the rejected gifts you didn't like or were they nice ones that you regifted cuz you were tight on money?  have you ever been caught regifting?  would you be hurt if you received a regifted gift?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
arimaur
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

bump.  i only regifted once, it was a nice lotion set from victoria secret...i didn't like the fragrances so i gave it to a friend that would

Kool_Aide
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I have regifted before. Not because I didn't like the gift, but because I didn't need or immediately thought of someone who needed or wanted what I got. There are other times where the gift is from walmart and if I don't want it I will regift it because I prefer not going in to walmart........ever. Unless I like the gift and need to exchange it for a different size, but that's pretty rare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I regift allllll the time.

If my kids get terrible toys for Xmas or their birthday.....like bratz dolls or toys that are way too old for them or too young for them..... they go in the basement.... the kids never notice because they get so many toys at once.

If someone gives me something I don't like...... I wrap it up and put a card with it and give it to someone who doesn't know the person.... for Xmas or their bday......

when i get something I hate, I think of someone who could use it or would like it.......

arimaur
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

ever been busted? or have you mastered the art? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I regift allllll the time.

If my kids get terrible toys for Xmas or their birthday.....like bratz dolls or toys that are way too old for them or too young for them..... they go in the basement.... the kids never notice because they get so many toys at once.

If someone gives me something I don't like...... I wrap it up and put a card with it and give it to someone who doesn't know the person.... for Xmas or their bday......

when i get something I hate, I think of someone who could use it or would like it.......

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I don't necessarily 'regift' and pass it off as something i picked out myself...i just take in stuff i dont like to my store for everyone to use lol. most of it is fragrance that i dont like bc i work at bath and body works and have a ton of perfume and lotion lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I regifted in the past and will again if I get presents that are useless to me or if I need a gift for someone else and the gift is sitting there not being used. Unless you give the regift back to the person that gave it to you  no one will ever know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)