Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The man who photographed the guy on the tracks, really can not be held at fault

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 151 Replies
1 mom liked this

I keep hearing people criticizing the man who took photos of a man on the train tracks, instead of helping him. First of all, I believe him when he says he barely knew what he was doing due to shock, and was trying to use the flash of his camera to get the driver's attention. Secondly, you never know what you will do in a situation such as this, jumping on the tracks might place two people in danger instead of one. And thirdly, and probably most important, other people were closer to this man, but no one helped because the man who pushed him was standing right by this man on the platform. He could have had a gun, a knife, etc. What if you tried to help this other man and got shot doing so? Who would tell your mother and father? Who would care for your children? Who would hold them at your funeral?

The man with the camera did the best he could, with limited time, scared, and in shock.

Now had it been a child on the tracks, I would probably have jumped down, and maybe been electrucuted on those tracks, but if I could grab that kid and throw that kid up onto the platform, I would most likely die trying to toss the kid up there, and I damned well know I would die, and would put my family through the worst hell ever. But in this case, where it was a grown man, where the guy who pushed him was standing guard over his "kill", when the train was soooooo close, I probably would have been frozen in horror, and done nothing but squeezed my eyes tightly closed and screamed with no other possible plan in mind.

At least this man held it together enough to try and get the guy's attention via his camera. That is better than I could have done.

If it had worked you all would call him a hero. Why not put blame where it belongs? On the asshole who pushed him in the first place?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twisted_charlie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

That picture is haunting. I find it almost disgusting that it is plastered everywhere.

It had to be a cold cold hearted person to push him off like that. I couldn't imagine.

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Where is this picture?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM

That's why I didn't comment in the other post. I had read the posters story, and there was no link, so I didn't know the whole story. The way I heard it, it sounded like whoever pushed the guy over made a run for it after he pushed him. I didn't know that he was "standing guard" over him. I don't like to make judgements on things unless I know the whole story. 

ETA, I just googled the pic (now that I have some time lol). If this pic I found is the one everyone is talking about, I don't see anyone standing near the man at all. 

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this

The guy that pushed him ran. That's what I heard anyways.

I would have helped if I could but if I couldn't I wouldn't be pulling out my phone or camera say "Oh I got to get this!" I would turn away. I don't want to see a man get hit by a train.

Flashing the camera to get the driver's attention is a BS excuse to why he was taking a pic. The flash didn't and wasn't going to do anything. He knew that.

I honestly think he was a sick ass photographer that saw his moment to get a picture of his known.  

That's my opinion on it all.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

That's why I didn't comment in the other post. I had read the posters story, and there was no link, so I didn't know the whole story. The way I heard it, it sounded like whoever pushed the guy over made a run for it after he pushed him. I didn't know that he was "standing guard" over him. I don't like to make judgements on things unless I know the whole story. 

The news I was watching said the man ran once the guy fell on the tracks.

Lady_In_Ink
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I have no clue what you are talking about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I just googled the pic. I don't see anyone standing near the guy at all...

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

The news I was watching said the man ran once the guy fell on the tracks.

megm11511
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I saw the pic. The man could have been helped without anyone jumping down there. And the person who pushed him ran away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM
It's crap. That photographer could have easily lent a hand. What a tragic end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
He could've helped pull him up. Disgusting. And sad that the newspaper would exploit the victim like that. I hope his ghost haunts the photographer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)