Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin-off. Men leaving families. It will never happen to you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

They always want you to stay home, till they get a whiff of a willing piece of tail. Next thing you know they are trying to leave you broke with 4 kids. While they run off and act like teenagers again.  Oh yeah "This will never happen to me" lol! I thought the same thing.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM
If he left I would make him take the kids....that'll show him!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM
My guy friend just did this to his wife! Smh.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well...Ive been with my husband for 30 yrs and it hasnt happened yet...or even came close to happening.  Because we have the "empty nest" now, we have more fun than ever...he has no reason to leave.  We fill each other's needs physically, emotionally, mentally.

My husband is the type of man who if he ever even came close to hurting me, he would feel awful.  That's just how he is.  He's very kind, loving, affectionate and giving.

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM
I make more $$ than him...I would be emotionally devastated, but not financially.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Hey I left my xh broke and homeless because of HIM doing those things
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM

DH knows how much I'll get in alimony and child support and we live in an area known for it's quick divorces. Trust me there wouldn't be any money left for him to play like a teenager

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM

while I have all the faith in the world in my marriage, I wouldn't say never because you never know what is going to happen 10 years from now.  he's an absolute saint for dealing with me and all of the baggage that comes with, who's to say at some point he'll decide that he's done all he can and needs to leave to be happy.

I am confident that if he were to think of straying, he would come tell me first and end our relationship before beginning another.  no matter what, he is a man of honor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I packed n left him 2 times and if i feel its necessary ill do it again but he has never left me.
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Well, I'm not a SAHM.  My salary is capable of completely supporting our household.  Even if he decides to run off, which I would probably fall over dead from shock, he would never leave me broke.  LOL

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

It's all in who you choose. Not to say that some men don't change drastically, but I chose a very conscientious man, who wouldn't do that to me. We might divorce (doubtful) but he wouldn't cheat on me. The same way he wouldn't steal or drive drunk. He just wouldn't do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)