Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3 Days of Darkness??!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Last night I was chatting with my 13 year old half sister on Facebook about her spending Christmas with my family, which we have been planning for a couple months now. She lives a few states away from me so we were getting ready to arrange how to get her here safely and inexpensively.

Her mother is one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who believe in everything she hears. HAARP, government mind control, aliens controlling our planet, lizard people, etc. If there is a conspiracy theory out there, she knows about it and believes it wholeheartedly. She was married to my biological father for almost 20 years (divorced 3 years ago) and he is a deadbeat. My sister and I don't speak to him because of this.

Anyway, last night mid conversation my sister dropped a bomb on me... She told me that her mother will not allow her to take the trip now because of the "3 days of darkness" in December. Say what?! Then she went on about how the entire world will go dark between December 21 - 23 because the planets will align so that we won't have sunlight at all for 3 days. Then ufo's will have an opportunity to invade our earth and possibly even take over. They're calling it the "3 days of darkness." WTF?!! This is some crazy shit. But it gets worse....

I had to call them to get more info because I was really confused and pissed. Apparently they've been planning and preparing for this "3 days of darkness" all year. They have stock piled food/supplies and stopped paying rent 3 months ago so they are being evicted by the end of the month which doesn't matter because they will be somewhere else which they wouldn't tell me. Some top secret place. **eye roll** Whatever! They also haven't paid any of their other bills. Car is being repossessed in 2 weeks. All they have been paying for is their cable and internet in order to stay informed on these events. Wow!!

I was shocked. We've been planning this Christmas trip for months now. I've completed all my Christmas shopping and have gifts for her under my tree ready for Christmas morning. Never once have they brought up this "3 days of darkness" crap. It pissed me off. How irresponsible of her mother to put this fear in her teenage daughter about her possible impending death in 2 1/2 weeks and also not provide a stable home or even a holiday. I can't even believe this is happening.

My sister got very upset and started crying saying that I hurt her feelings by not believing her and that she wants me to live through this "3 days of darkness." She begged me to be with her during this time. I just told her "nothing is going to happen, I can respect your beliefs the best I can but I'm not going to travel to see you based on a conspiracy and event that will not happen, especially when we had already made these other plans. I can't just drop my life based on this event you and your mother believe will happen. I have a job and a family to care for." She was heartbroken that I will not be with her during this time. What was I supposed to do? Her mother is a nutjob! Thank GOD I'm not biologically related to that woman!!

Her last words before hanging up were "you'll be sorry that you didn't listen to me, the government is keeping this from people to avoid chaos." This subject hasn't been brought up since and she's been texting me all day as usual. So, now Christmas plans are all fu**ed up because of her psychotic mother. My son is 3 and all he talks about is "aunt ****** is coming mommy!" Now I have to find a way to break his sweet heart carefully.

Sorry, I know it's long. I needed to vent...

I have actually heard of people preparing like this for the end of the world on 12/21/12. There are people out there who are losing their homes, cars, jobs, etc. all because of a conspiracy theory. I just never imagined someone I love and am close to would be sucked into it. Especially my innocent 13 year old sister.

Do any of you know someone who actually believes this stuff? Do you know anyone that is actually being irresponsible in their life to "prepare for the end of the world?"

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM
No, i cannot imagine having to deal with that level of paranoia and craziess.
I'm sorry :-(
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM
yes I have heard of it. I dont't think anything will happen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Looks like we will be eating bread in front of the fireplace for those 3 days. Bread and vodka...seems legit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

HAHA Nice!!

Quoting TigOlBitties:

Looks like we will be eating bread in front of the fireplace for those 3 days. Bread and vodka...seems legit.

Heather_309
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Never heard that, but wow! People are taking this to extremes. If the world is going to end I am pretty sure no one will be living through it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Yes, my ex has recently became a strong believer in conspiracy theories! It drives me crazy! He has also started telling my kids about some of this craziness. Now, my kids are fearful of the coming weeks & I constantly have to remind them that we will be ok. He recently got involved with his new girlfriend who is also playing a huge roll in his theories. I feel that he can believe what ever he wants, but I don't want to hear about his craziness & I would preffer that he keep my kids out of it as well. Even if the end was near, I don't think that is something that children at such a young age need to be concerned with.
Byrd15
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I'm so sorry! That sounds whacked up for sure! :( Hugs!
embersparkle
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Wow. That is the craziest Dec 21 prediction I have heard. I would love to see their faces when nothing happens.
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I'll make mine tequila

Quoting TigOlBitties:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Make mine some Jack Daniels for the hubby & lots of wine & vodka for me

Quoting Mommy_Jenx3:

I'll make mine tequila

Quoting TigOlBitties:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)