Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those sick F***ing kids....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

What rules do you play by when it comes to taking your sick kids to daycare/school/out in public etc.?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anitarichman
by Anita on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

For my dd's if they weren't throwing up, had a fever or not contagious then they went to daycare or school.

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

if we are sick and it's something we DONT  pay for an dDONT have to be at like storytime, playgroup, etc... we dont go. If it's school my DD goes until throwing up, fever, seems really miserable. if it something ot pay for the same rules as school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

As a working mom this is becoming increasingly difficult for me. I only get 10 sick days a year... so I have to be picky how I use them. For example, I have mono, but only took 2 days off for recovery. Why? Because my kids take first priority. 

Today we are home because DS  puked at daycare. He doesn't have a fever or anything, but I am keeping him home tomorrow per daycare policy.

MY Rules:

Fever or Vomitting. Stay home.

Diagnosed contagious illness that can be treated with antibiotics get 24 hours of antibiotics before they rejoin society.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

No fever for 24 hours, cold-like symptoms with no fever, or 24+ hours on antibiotics and we are out and about again.

dylansmom08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM
If my.son has a fever I do not send him to school. If the fever last longer than 24hrs or if he.has sore throat or other symptoms I take him to dr. asap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

If my child is sick...she is home with me...

1. If she is sick, she should not be subjected to going to school, etc. where she will get worse and be uncomfortable

2. I don't want my child to get others sick

If she has thrown up, has a fever or has diahreah wihtin 24 hours, she does nto go to school.... She had an ear infection a few weeks ago...fever broke but she was in pain and uncomfortable.. I kept her home.  Ear infections are very painful...

People who INTENTIONALLY  send their sick kids to school anger me....

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

If DD has a cold and isn't running a fever we continue our day as usual. If she has a fever or is puking, we stay home.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

if she's got a runny nose, obnoxious cough, vomitting, or a fever, then i won't take her out.

Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I am having an issue with this right now. My daughter has had strep 2 times. and she goes to the nurse over every runny nose she has. Today as i was putting her on the bus she says she doesnt want to go to school because of a sinus cold. an hour later the nurse calls saying she is crying because her throat hurts. She tested negatve for strep. She went in last week too. She does it to get out of school. You can make up/lie about a sore throat so I send them unless I know they have a fever. over a 100.

emandab
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Well my girls started pre-school this year and have never been around a lot of kids before or gone to daycare so I knew they would be sick a lot at first.  They both still have running/stuffed up noses after the initial cold that got them sick over two months ago, with the occasional cough because of the snot.  They are not sick persay, but I could see how someone may think they are sick if they just saw them in the store or something.  Their teachers agree and know that these things can linger long after the contagious cold is gone.  I actually just called the school after getting them on the bus becuase my oldest woke up with a runny nose, watery and bloodshot eyes.  I'm positive it's from the chair that dh brought over last night from out neighbors.  It's been sitting in an unused room for forever and covered in dust.  I told them not to play on it last night because it's filthy but several times I had to get them off.  I think all the dust gave her an allergy like reaction.  So I warned the school and said I'm sure that's what it is but if you do feel she's sick feel free to call me.  

So basically if I feel they are coming down with something new and probably contagious I keep them home.  Otherwise they go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)