Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms with LO's who are color blind

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
When did you first suspect it?
How old was he/she when diagnosed?
What kind of testing did he/she have to do?

Thanks in advance!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
BUMP!
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Did you know a girl can only be color blind if her father is? Is this a girl, if so I will give you the medical proof!

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

My husband is color blind and they knew when he was 5, suspected it earlier.  He was able to learn his colors and things by recognizing shades of gray, im not sure cause ive not grilled him on it but he sees primary colors correctly, but variations of them and other mixed colors do not show up true, but grays, browns, or opposites...hes color blind so I dont think he is even sure lol...Anywhoo, most of the men on my husbands side of the family are color bline, its more than a 70% rate.  So we knew there was a good chance our son could be colorblind sometimes its hard to tell...you dont know if a kid has just learned to apply all the names of colors to the appropriate shade of gray, or if he just made a mistake when he names a color wrong...Hard to tell.  Eye tests usually expose problems, as well as the perfect moment.  A shade of green that is just off the gray scale level he is used to seeing green, he might call yellow and then it clicks...I have suspected it with my son, but im still not sure.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM
No, I have a son. I know it mainly affects males, and my dad is color blind.

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Did you know a girl can only be color blind if her father is? Is this a girl, if so I will give you the medical proof!

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM

That is normal. I was just pointing out that IF a girl/woman is CB, their father HAS to be! GL

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I have a son. I know it mainly affects males, and my dad is color blind.

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Proud Army wife and SAHM to seven! christmas treeholding ornaments

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM
We suspected my son was red/green color blind when he was 3.5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM
My dad is color blind, my brother isn't. I wasn't sure how the genetics of it works. I'm probably being overly concerned, but ds just doesn't seem to be picking up on colors. He's only 2 and only recently started talking but every color is green. Granted, every letter is X to him too!

Quoting Matriarch87:

My husband is color blind and they knew when he was 5, suspected it earlier.  He was able to learn his colors and things by recognizing shades of gray, im not sure cause ive not grilled him on it but he sees primary colors correctly, but variations of them and other mixed colors do not show up true, but grays, browns, or opposites...hes color blind so I dont think he is even sure lol...Anywhoo, most of the men on my husbands side of the family are color bline, its more than a 70% rate.  So we knew there was a good chance our son could be colorblind sometimes its hard to tell...you dont know if a kid has just learned to apply all the names of colors to the appropriate shade of gray, or if he just made a mistake when he names a color wrong...Hard to tell.  Eye tests usually expose problems, as well as the perfect moment.  A shade of green that is just off the gray scale level he is used to seeing green, he might call yellow and then it clicks...I have suspected it with my son, but im still not sure.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Really? No one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)