Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dropped off applications to a beggar today!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 510 Replies
4 moms liked this

Oh yes I did! Please tell me I am not the first smart pants to figure this out!

This man stands on a busy intersection near where I live. I see him there pretty much DAILY. His sign never changes. "Out of work, will accept anything".

So today I drove to the nearby stores: McDonalds, Friendly's, Five Guys, Cumberland Farms, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and a few other places and picked up applications. When I drove by, I pulled up, handed them to him and told him I would be back tomorrow to pick up the COMPLETED applications and drop them off for him if he needed. Then I drove off.

I hope he actually fills them out, God knows all the time he stands there begging he could be actually getting a job, since most these places are hiring and have been.

What have YOU given a beggar?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I would do the same. 

LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Youre going to shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I give them nothing but dirty looks.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
92 moms liked this

did you get him a po box and a phone too?

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM
4 moms liked this
I've given a beggar a double cheeseburger from McDonald's. I don't give money since it most likely goes to cigerettes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
A cheese burger... A man selling newspapers begged me for my drink once,but it was empty
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM
154 moms liked this
Are you also going to give him interview clothes, a phone number and a permanent address? If not, you're just an asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM
26 moms liked this

Ever think that maybe he already tried those places or can't work? He's not an idiot, he knows how to get an application, no need to kick someone when they are down and act like a smart alack.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM
6 moms liked this

um nope not I because people around here tht beg actually cant get a job due to mental issues an health issues. An we have no jobs to give around here even with a degree. I find it rude honestly why not just leave him alone he isnt really bothering you by standing there.

You never know some one else situation maybe there is a reason he is out of job?

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

this. most places will not heir someone with no address or phone number.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

did you get him a po box and a phone too?

For information please click the ribbon. 

my son and I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within our bodies. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN