Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dropped off applications to a beggar today!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Oh yes I did! Please tell me I am not the first smart pants to figure this out!

This man stands on a busy intersection near where I live. I see him there pretty much DAILY. His sign never changes. "Out of work, will accept anything".

So today I drove to the nearby stores: McDonalds, Friendly's, Five Guys, Cumberland Farms, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and a few other places and picked up applications. When I drove by, I pulled up, handed them to him and told him I would be back tomorrow to pick up the COMPLETED applications and drop them off for him if he needed. Then I drove off.

I hope he actually fills them out, God knows all the time he stands there begging he could be actually getting a job, since most these places are hiring and have been.

What have YOU given a beggar?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
amyleigh80
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Too weird.  I saw a guy today and I thought the EXACT SAME THING! I thought, "why can't you be filling out apps instead of begging.  A lot of them are NOT homeless.  This guy was clean cut and not dirty looking at all.  It pisses me off.  I have enough trouble saving money of my own.

MrsErdos2011

I've given 5 arbys sandwiches to a man and his dog and I bought a woman lunch, her boyfriend beat the hell out of her and kicked her out

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

So did you get him an address, phone to e contacted by, and by chance transportation too? (Those things hold a lot of people back)

MamaFLgurl
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

He more than likely ripped them up. You'll see him again tomorrow with the same sign on the same corner. Just being honest.

Jessica_Esqueda
2 moms liked this

Harsh, mama. If he has no address, no phone, how can he get a call back? And what about work clothes? Hygeine? He may not be ABLE to work. 

I gave a begging woman a pizza once. She devoured half of it in minutes.  

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If he got a job at one of those places he would probably be taking a pay cut.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

You're an asshole.

VannaMae307
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know anyone still took paper applications

mstkn.identity
We give what we can whether its change, food, drinks, ect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystle1216
1 mom liked this
I think thats pretty awesome!! Although I doubt he will be there tomorrow or even have completed the applications! Hes prob just looking for a handout not willing to work! Sad but could be true
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)