Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dropped off applications to a beggar today!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Oh yes I did! Please tell me I am not the first smart pants to figure this out!

This man stands on a busy intersection near where I live. I see him there pretty much DAILY. His sign never changes. "Out of work, will accept anything".

So today I drove to the nearby stores: McDonalds, Friendly's, Five Guys, Cumberland Farms, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and a few other places and picked up applications. When I drove by, I pulled up, handed them to him and told him I would be back tomorrow to pick up the COMPLETED applications and drop them off for him if he needed. Then I drove off.

I hope he actually fills them out, God knows all the time he stands there begging he could be actually getting a job, since most these places are hiring and have been.

What have YOU given a beggar?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Replies (501-510):
Zanny
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Or a pen??

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

did you get him a po box and a phone too?

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

shower, reference, clean clothes, transportation,etc lol OP just wanted to get a rise out of ppl. She posted and dipped out. I have yet to see her respond.

Quoting Zanny:

Or a pen??

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Zanny
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Ah ha... I obviously didn't read through all 501 other relplies..

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

shower, reference, clean clothes, transportation,etc lol OP just wanted to get a rise out of ppl. She posted and dipped out. I have yet to see her respond.

Quoting Zanny:

Or a pen??

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I never give anything because I don't trust they are not scammers, but I like your idea. I always tell DH when we drive by the ones that sit near our Walmart that if they took the time they use up sitting holding up a sign all day they could be at the job service getting help trying to find a job, or walk 100 ft and go apply at Walmart, or one of the 3 other stores within less than a mile of where he is sitting.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Ollie123
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Well good for you! But he probally makes more money begging. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Shit. I want to go eat at Friendly's now - and there aren't any here!!! *GLARES*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Honestly? I think what you did was an asshole thing to do and needed much more thought put into it for your efforts to be effective. It's not as simple as filling out an application. He probably needs a shower, new clothes, a TOOTHBRUSH, for heaven sake. An address, vehicle to get to and from work, and so much more.

If you really cared you would have thought about these things. I think you are just tired of seeing him beg for handouts and want him to stop botching the scenery.

I'm not trying to be ignorant. I'm just telling you the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What have YOU given a beggar?

Really? I love how you capitalize "YOU" in a way that suggests you did this guy a favor. lol! The only thing you gave him was even lower self esteem by throwing in his face that he has no resources to actually get or maintain employment.

Savedfromsin79
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I honestly feel like KARMA is gonna come bite your butt for this..

I SURELY HOPE YOU MAKE A POST ABOUT THAT TOO!

momofmany86
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM

We should have stashes of applications in our cars for situations like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)